It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile for executive mba

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile for executive mba [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 14:22
Hello all.

I need guidance from you all about the chances of getting into iims or any other good institutes jn USA. my gnat score is 680. I have 9 years of IT experience in Testing (quality analyst).
I am not too hopeful of getting admission in any good college as my profile is not that great and even I don't have any more good things to add to.my profile. Please suggest if I may have a slightest of possibilities to get into a good MBA institute for executive program in india or outside India.

10 marks: 76 percent
12 marks:76 percent
Bachelor of engineering: 76 percent
Work experience: Senior software engineer bank of America

Regards
Abhishek

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management
WE: Consulting (Education)
Re: Profile for executive mba [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2016, 10:30
Hi Abhishek,

If you are looking to get an Executive MBA, there are great programs such as George Town, USC and, Notre Dame. Executive MBAs are more focused on your experience than on your GMAT scores.

It will be great to know more about your experience so you can develop a personal branding that will help you stand out from other applicants.

Sign up for a FREE consultation so we can talk more about how to create your personal branding.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 06:25
Thanks for sharing.

Aside from achievements and the "good things", the schools are also interested to know about your background, what drives you, what your are passionate about, and how do these fit into your goals. These would be interesting to share, showing authenticity, humility, and strong personal qualities can help you craft personal essays that could help show why you deserve a slot.

Wish you all the best!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!.

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2016, 16:26
I had a similar background as yours when I applied to Business school

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Director
Director
S
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 169 [0], given: 69

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2016, 22:26
I did a series of 10 blog tips on preparing for around 1. They are on my website and I think it would benefit you to read through them, to see where you might be able to make some tweaks to strengthen your profile. This is the content I actually mention to clients as well. There are few things you can do, but you might want to apply next year instead of this year. Or go for later deadlines and then reapply if needed, something like that. There a lot of things you can do, it's just a matter of doing them. Breaking out of where you're stuck.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 169 [0], given: 69

Re: Profile for executive mba   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2016, 22:26