GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 12:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
CAT Tests
Profile Review!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2019, 06:12
Background:
I am 33 yrs old Indian Male. Working as Associate Vice President in a commercial bank in India in the Credit Risk Domain for Commercial Real Estate Sector.

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science (passed in 2008) - Distinction (No GPA Provided) - Top 20 Engineering College in India
Post Graduation Program in Management - Finance & Economics (passed in 2010) - GPA (5.85/10) - Top 5 Management Colleges in India
Financial Risk Management - GARP - 2013 - Scored A in all the sub-sections.

GMAT Score - 720 (Q50/V37/IR7)
Work Experience:
Started my career with starting a new company in the field of education (online + offline model) for the underprivileged scaled up to 100+ employees and managed it as Chief Executive Officer leading the entire team for 1.5 years. Investment made by few venture capitalists. Eventually had to close it down because of strategic differences between the founders.

Next 7.5 years was involved in the Credit Risk Department (Real Estate) across leading banks of India leading a group of 3-5 personals. Involved in underwriting of $ 2 billion of investments and managing a portfolio of $ 1 billion. Got 3 promotions in this span.

Awards:
Awarded CEO Recognition Award at one of the company.

Other Achievements:
- Presented various research papers at International Conference.
- Was awarded with a prestigious scholarship for being the among the top 50 management student across India.
- Was involved with an NGO for 3-4 years in developing the curriculum and vocational training for the under privileged.
- Certified Vedic Astrologer and Iyengar Yoga Trainer.
- Have been involved in teaching Quantitative Ability at several institutions.
- Regular member and contributor to GARP Community.

Post MBA Aspirations:
- Working in investment management, asset management, private equity/venture capital, commercial banks with a focus on Real Estate (first preference) or in other related fields.

I am planning to apply in R2 of colleges and am looking only for a 1 year option. Kellog's (Real Estate Specialization), Cornell Johnson, LBS (MIF), INSEAD, IMD, IE Spain, Ivey Business School.

Questions:
- Please evaluate my profile in regards to the mentioned colleges.
- How will my age (on a higher side) will impact my candidature. Will it be out-rightly rejected? I have checked with few colleges such as LBS MIF and Cornell Johnson and they have encouraged me to apply.
- Any other college which I should target?
- I do not have a significant international exposure. However, have been part of few international work assignments (short periods only 10-15 days couple of times). Will this act as a deterrent while applying to colleges?

Thanks in advance!!!
Re: Profile Review!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2019, 07:02
Hi there,
Thanks for posting. So obviously your work experience is respectable and you would likely have plenty of stories and perspectives to contribute to MBA (or similar program) class discussions, which schools will appreciate. The challenge is yes-- making sure that they know, and you know, that this is the RIGHT program for you and that it makes sense for you at this point in your career. So there is definitely pressure on your making it very clear in your apps WHY you want this degree, what you hope to get out it exactly, and how it will directly impact your post-MBA goals (which should also be specific). Programs that are less typical such as the 1-year options at Kellogg or Cornell are worth a shot, yes. A traditional one-year option where you will be much less typical compared to other younger applicants (so at INSEAD & IE for example), COULD be a bit more difficult; just compare yourself to the 'class profiles' at each program to get a feel for that. But you don't know if you don't try... I wonder if you think you'd be a viable candidate for a full-time EMBA type program such as Stanford MSx or MIT Sloan Fellows? Depends on how much leadership experience you have, but you could research those programs to see if they apply at all, since the class cohort would be more at your experience level/age etc. Good luck !

Profile Review!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate