GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Jan 2020, 14:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Dec 2019, 09:20
Hi there,

Thanks for this service! My information is below. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

· Demographics (nationality, gender):
- 24 y/o, Latino, Male, LGBT student

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed):
- Top 3 Public University, BA, 3.2 GPA

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education:
- N/A

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown):
- GRE; Total: 315 (162 V, 153 Q)
- Retaking before Round 2 deadline

· Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- 2 years legal experience (immigration law and patent law).
- 2 years (3 at matriculation) at an early stage start-up of about 30 people.
- Promoted twice in 2 years
- Built out 2 unique functions
- Increased % of underrepresented employees at the company (highlighted with metrics on my resume)

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- Worked 30 hours per week during undergrad; graduated at age 20 in 2.5 years (took 30 units one semester).
- Scholarship reader for local non-profit.
- Founded and lead internal ERG group

· Post-MBA goals:
- Organizational consulting (stated goal on applications)
- Entrepreneurship (something I'm interested in though likely won't have that be my stated goal on my applications)

· Target schools:
- Reach: Berkeley Haas; Yale SOM
- Target: Rice Jones, Texas McCombs, Georgetown McDonough

· Other information relevant to your profile:
- Applying through the Consortium

· Any specific questions you would like answered by our team:
- I know my Quant score is very low and am focused on increasing it during my retake. I didn't study much when I took the GRE so have doubled down on getting that score up. Shoud I address it in my optional essays?
- How are community college grades weighted if I was a transfer student?
- How is intentionality best demonstrated?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by baydude28 on 13 Dec 2019, 19:47.
Last edited by baydude28 on 16 Dec 2019, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Review.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2019, 20:59
Hello!
Thanks for your detailed profile submission. I enjoyed reading your story and I feel that your work experience has the potential to be remembered, and the fact that you've made an impact and progressed over time and are gaining some slightly unique industry perspective can all be positives. Your test score, quant specifically, yes is obviously your greatest weakness. Quant IS subject to improvement via content mastery and targeted practice, so hopefully you'll see some good improvement with your preparation you've been doing. Yes you can complete the optional essay aiming to make the case for why you DO feel you can handle the quant in the MBA, it may not have a huge impact but can be worth doing and acknowledging.
In terms of grades, they'll peruse all transcripts, at all schools, in detail and consider your academic performance as a whole.
In terms of showing "intentionality" and the drives you've reflected on, that can be primarily through your essays when it fits in, and also the interview of course. It's great do do that early brainstorming and reflecting in the process, which we do with our clients, to identify those types of drives and motivations and passions in life, it will only help you. Overall your school list sounds reasonable IF you can bring up that quant score some... good luck and let us know if we can help further!

Profile Review.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate