Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Darden '23
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Profile Review [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello jeetsethi09 - it's a little tricky to reply to a post on someone else's so I hope you find this. Normally, you want to start a new topic for yourself!

I think what's missing here for a profile review is an understanding of your direction and goals. You are posting some really different degrees (MBA, MSBA) and a wide range of schools, with no mention of direction and that actually is part of your story, of course. Also, I'm less familiar with Indian MBA programs so I can't speak to ISB. So, I'll do my best to speak to the US MBA programs you suggested - Kellogg, Columbia, Darden, Emory and Rice.

If I understand your GPA correctly - is this 65%? (let me know if I am misunderstanding) - Kellogg and Columbia are likely to be challenging reaches for you so I would love to shake up your list a bit more. You are coming from a highly competitive category and you have a few hurdles, including a lower than usual GPA for your cohort (I think) and GRE test scores that are rather imbalanced. Your quant GRE is great, but the schools will also check out your verbal, so it would be good to see that side improve if possible. Your certifications are impressive, though. You do seem young/with work experience on the light side for top programs. If I decipher your description correctly, you've been working somewhere for a bit over 2 years full time since your undergraduate graduation, is that right? 2-3 maybe? Normally I'd hope to see about 5 years at matriculation, and ideally in your case with some international experience. So, this also seems to be a challenge. It sounds however, like you've had wonderful leadership and initiative at work, so that is a point in your favor. You'll want your recommenders to help demonstrate the major impact you've had on the firm. I also like the sound of your entrepreneurial endeavors. It seems that your community leadership was mostly in college, but this "heartfulness" work could be a point of differentiation, I think I just would need to understand more what kind of initiative it is.

My advice is that you are likely to be better off waiting a bit longer and further growing your work experience, retaking the test (or switching to get a strong GMAT), exploring further community leadership, and clarifying your goals.
If you do decide to apply on the sooner side, I'd skip the M7 (CBS, Kellogg) to swap a school in the 8-15 range as a reach- perhaps Darden or even better, something lower ranked - and possibly keep Emory and Rice, but add some further schools a bit deeper in the list to improve your chances for success. Best of luck to you!

Warmly,
Julie-Anne Heafey
Moderator:
1452 posts