Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Review [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Got it. Then I can see how I fourth attempt may not be worthwhile unless you're able to make a big switch to your study plans or strategy. I think most of the schools you list are still doable. Rotman and Cambridge could still be a stretch, with their averages in the high 600s, but I would still try those and the others seem like a good match for your profile.

Good luck!
Kate

NikTek wrote:
Thanks Kate for sharing your feedback. I've already given the GMAT thrice, 660 being the last score. I'm not sure appearing again would change anything. What would be your advice? Given this score, would Rotman, Schulich, Cambridge (Judge), Warwick, Simon, Imperial be a stretch> Which schools besides these would you advice?

mbaMissionKate wrote:
Hi NikTek, thanks for reaching out to us at mbaMission. You've got strong work experience with the finance rotations and leadership roles. You've also got a strong academic background in terms of your GPAs and exams. It also seems you have enough extracurricular activities to check that box.

What worries me is your GMAT score. I think that makes some of the schools on your list - namely LBS, INSEAD, HEC Paris - quite difficult. The other schools seem doable though. Is retaking your GMAT an option?

Thanks,
Kate

NikTek wrote:
Hello Team!

I looking for some assistance in selecting B-schools based on my profile. Here are my details-

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, Male

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Bachelor of Commerce (6.92 on 7 point scale/ 3.95 on a 4 scale)

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education: Indian CPA / Chartered Accountant, Master of Commerce (9.31 on 10 point scale/3.72 on a 4 scale), CFA Level 1, French B1 level

· GMAT or GRE or EA score (include section breakdown): 660; Q46, V35

· Work experience (briefly highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure): 3 years of internship experience in a Big5 CPA firm as part of CPA curriculum. 4 years of experience working in a listed top 10 pharmaceutical company in India. Worked in finance in various roles as part of a rotational program. Currently assisting the finance head. Lead couple of significant projects and earned recognition by the leadership. No international work experience.

· Extracurricular activities (briefly highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones): Volunteer at company CSR events, volunteer at an skilled volunteering organization - undertook projects such as assisting assigned non-profits with pitch deck development, dashboard for tracking their KPIs, etc. Member at the debate society in college.

· Post-MBA goals: Corporate finance or investment banking

· Target schools: INSEAD, HEC paris, Rotman, Kelly, Simon, Smith, Other Canadian schools, LBS, Warwick, St, Gallen

I've included some ambitious schools but would like advice on chances or other B-schools that I may have missed out but should consider.
Moderator:
1452 posts