It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review - European MBA for Marketing

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Profile Review - European MBA for Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 07:06
Hi there, wondering if you could give me a quick profile review and let me know what my chances would be at my target schools (particularly the ones higher in the list).

Background

Work experience: 6 Years in B2B Marketing - 2 in an agency environment running the agency's thought leadership and new business efforts, 1 in an early-stage SaaS startup, and 3 in a talent agency representing public speakers.

Extra curriculars: I was on the Philanthropy Committee, the Great Places to Work Committee (we managed and completed our application to be considered as one of the "Great Places to Work" in Canada) and the Summer Party Committee at my last job. I have also volunteered for the Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research and the Daily Bread Food Bank. In Undergrad, I was also selected to be included in our exchange program and spent my 3rd year of University studying in the Netherlands.

Undergrad school/major: Top 5 Canadian University - Double Major Political Science and Sociology

Other education/coursework: Completed a 1-year Postgraduate Certificate program at a local Community College in Strategic Relationship Marketing after graduating from Undergrad.

Race/nationality: Canadian / Caucasian

Sex: Male

Age at Matriculation:

Stats

GMAT Score: 690 (IR5 / Q39 / V45)

Undergrad GPA: 3.0 in Undergrad, 3.75 in my Postgraduate Certificate

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: I'd like to continue in Marketing, preferably in the fields of Technology, CPG and Pharma/Healthcare. I'd like to work either in Europe after graduating from my MBA or return home to Canada.

Target schools: Stretch - INSEAD, HEC Paris. Target - IE, ESADE. Safety - UCD Smurfit, EDHEC.

Some background on the location choices — my partner is a French citizen, and as such the UK is now officially off of my list after their talks of a "hard Brexit" due to the potential VISA and immigration issues. Ideally, I'd like to work in either continental Europe or Ireland for a few years after graduation to gain international experience before moving back to Canada.

If you could let me know what my chances would be at my Stretch and Target schools, I would really appreciate it.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Review - European MBA for Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 07:09
Hi there -
Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please contact me directly at kathrynlucas@squareoneprep.com.

I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833

Square One Prep | Contact Us

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Review - European MBA for Marketing   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2017, 07:09

Profile Review - European MBA for Marketing

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap