It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 15:51

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Olin (St. Louis) R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Fuqua R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review for MBA 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile review for MBA 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 06:42
Background
Work experience: 2.5 years work experience in Semiconductor manufacturing industry as Senior Process engineer. 2 Direct reports and 2 In-direct reports.
Led 15 people team for 9 months on various projects to save $1 million and increase manpower productivity by 20%
Led in projects and have saved upto $3 million so far.

Extra curricular: Leading a non-profit initiative by collecting can-tabs and donating them to manufacture prosthetic legs. So far, led a team of 13 colleagues and motivated over 600 people to contribute 1.6 million can-tabs and build 400 prosthetic legs so far.

Undergrad school/major:
National University of Singapore (4th in the world for Engineering),
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
GPA: 3.73/5

Other education/coursework: Certified for advanced G8D problem solving methodology & KT problem solving analysis.

Race/nationality: Indian

Sex: Male

Stats GMAT Score : 700 (Retake in march, expecting 720) Quant-48 Verbal-37 AWA-6

MBA Info Goal of MBA:
Based on limited knowledge, Management consulting. I dont mind pursuing in Operations management given my manufacturing industry background. Hoping to get clarity at business school or from you guys !!!

Target schools:
Consulting: Ross, Tepper, Sloan, Wharton(Unrealistic)
Operations: Sloan, Ross, Tepper, McCombs.

Need advice on some competitive and safe schools

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Re: Profile review for MBA 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 10:15
mprashanth311092 wrote:
Background
Work experience: 2.5 years work experience in Semiconductor manufacturing industry as Senior Process engineer. 2 Direct reports and 2 In-direct reports.
Led 15 people team for 9 months on various projects to save $1 million and increase manpower productivity by 20%

Extra curricular: Leading a non-profit initiative by collecting can-tabs and donating them to manufacture prosthetic legs. So far, led a team of 13 colleagues and motivated over 600 people to contribute 1.6 million can-tabs and build 400 prosthetic legs so far.

Undergrad school/major:

Other education/coursework: Certified for advanced G8D problem solving methodology & KT problem solving analysis.

Stats GMAT Score : 700 (Retake in march, expecting 720) Quant-48 Verbal-37 AWA-6

MBA Info Goal of MBA:
Based on limited knowledge, Management consulting. I dont mind pursuing in Operations management given my manufacturing industry background. Hoping to get clarity at business school or from you guys !!!

Target schools:

Hi Prashanth,

You have nice leadership experiences, and they will help during the application process.
Your extra curricular achievement is also quite excellent - and I feel certain you will have a great story to tell here about how you got 600 people to help in your cause.

Considering your choice of b-schools, I am a little concerned about the GMAT score you are expecting. You should aim higher- somewhere closer to a 750. At this point you have enough time to push your GMAT exam by a month or two in order to prep better and get higher scores.

Consulting as a career goal is perfectly alright. However you would need to tell a coherent story about why it makes sense for you given your past experience

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile review for MBA 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 06:47
mprashanth311092 wrote:
Background

Undergrad school/major:

MBA Info Goal of MBA:

Target schools:

For consulting it helps to have an even higher GMAT. I see only Tepper as a possibility realistically from what I see now. I would look at some other programs that also can emphasize your operations knowledge and also since firms like Amazon hire a lot of people from India I think it is perhaps an easier pathway for you to consider. I would also look at schools like Mendoza, Kelley, Emory, Carlson, Simon, Rice, Carey etc and I think you will have more options. Not saying to not put your had in the ring at places like Ross or Sloan but I think it is a very competitive pool- especially your pool- and so I would get some of these other options in play for R1 also so that if the ones you list don't work out, you already have some great plan B options in place... For more info from us about your unique situation, consider going to this link to set up a free consult: http://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/ ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 42

Re: Profile review for MBA 2018   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2017, 06:47

Profile review for MBA 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap