It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review Request

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Profile Review Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2017, 04:27
25 year old Indian Male Engineer with a 7.08 GPA in BTech Computer Science from NIT Rourkela.
GMAT: 710 (v35/q50)

Will have 3 years of work experience, in July '17, for Samsung Bangalore during which I:
- Got a progression and a promotion, with consecutive best ratings.
- Have 4 months of International Ex working from Suwon, SK & Madrid, Spain
- Regularly work & interact with cross-cultural partner teams
- have worked in all phases from inception to production of a payment solution used on an international level, with way more responsibilities other than development.
Apart from work I am studying french and should achieve professional proficiency by end of year. I also plan to give GMAT again during June this year.

I am aiming to apply for MBA at ISB and NUS to enter product management/it consultancy. I am also looking for other colleges with a decent probability of getting a job outside India.

1) Do I need to improve my GMAT score for ISB & NUS?
2) Which other colleges can I apply to in the Southeast Asia & European regions? (not US)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
S

Kudos [?]: 968 [1], given: 48

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 01:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rohanpatra wrote:
25 year old Indian Male Engineer with a 7.08 GPA in BTech Computer Science from NIT Rourkela.
GMAT: 710 (v35/q50)

Will have 3 years of work experience, in July '17, for Samsung Bangalore during which I:
- Got a progression and a promotion, with consecutive best ratings.
- Have 4 months of International Ex working from Suwon, SK & Madrid, Spain
- Regularly work & interact with cross-cultural partner teams
- have worked in all phases from inception to production of a payment solution used on an international level, with way more responsibilities other than development.
Apart from work I am studying french and should achieve professional proficiency by end of year. I also plan to give GMAT again during June this year.

I am aiming to apply for MBA at ISB and NUS to enter product management/it consultancy. I am also looking for other colleges with a decent probability of getting a job outside India.

1) Do I need to improve my GMAT score for ISB & NUS?
2) Which other colleges can I apply to in the Southeast Asia & European regions? (not US)

Hey there dude!
Very good to hear from you. Overall, you have quite a good profile, even if you do come from a quite overrepresented demographic.
The work with Samsung is strong, as is your work abroad and in intentional teams. Your GMAT is excellent, and especially for Asian/European schools.

The one thing that I am currently missing in your profile, is anything that is unique/special - like personal history, volunteer work, etc. etc. etc. If you have anything notable let me know.

I think most Asian schools and European schools would be at least possible. The most challenging schools for you would be LBS (probably out of range) INSEAD and ISB. You would be more competitive at the rest. (NTU, CEIBS, etc in Asia). In Europe, you will also have plenty of choices depending upon where you want to end up. I think Oxbridge will be challenging given the high amount of Indian applicants, but you can always try. And most of the rest of the UK schools and most contiental schoools (HEC, Boccone, ESADE, etc) you should be more competitive at.

Of course, I would love to first hear more about you and your experience to get to know you in detail.

I hope this helps! And feel free to drop us a line for a free consultation.

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 968 [1], given: 48

Profile Review Request

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap