Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 19:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72904 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile review request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Tejas123,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good and a good GMAT score. On the work front, your 3.5 years of work experience should express some positive leadership qualities, and you should highlight your achievements at work, the initiatives you made, and the influence they had on the organisation. Your freelance experience has an influence, and it demonstrates that you are not a quitter. We often learn more from the struggles in our lives than the successes. Resilience, optimism, and personal growth demonstrated throughout this period will be considered favorably by an admissions committee, so take advantage of the optional essay and craft a compelling narrative. Your ECs appear to be good. Try to include more personal characteristics about yourself in this section to show the adcoms who you are outside of your work.

If you need more direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

Overall you have a good profile. You had a good shot at Jhonson and UCLA. However, I would like to know your post-MBA goals to guide you better with the b-schools. If you want to increase your chances to the target b-schools, try to increase your GMAT score to 720+. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

Tejas123 wrote:
Hi

Demographic
/ Male, Indian, 25 years old

GMAT
/ 710 (Q49 V39).

Academics
/ 10th grade: 9.6 CGPA
/ 12th Grade: 96.75%
/ Undergrad: Bachelors in Commerce (Hons.) from Delhi University 75.74% (first division).

Work Experience
/ I currently have a total of 3.5 years of work experience currently. My experience has been gained in diverse small/medium scaled organizations, including both consumer and social impact.
- Client servicing analyst and then associate in a couple of advertising and PR firms.
- Project manager for an International Symposium on Digital Heritage, conducted in association with IIT Delhi
- Marketing and bd associate for a social impact research organisation
- Finally with the advent of covid, I have had to resort to freelance marketing consulting involving social media management, brand campaigns and website management for small business clients, which is what I currently have been engaged in for the past 8 months

My job role and responsibilities have included advertising, business development, strategy, and brand management.

Extra-curricular
/ In terms of extra-curricular activities
- I have interned at Music Basti (during school) which worked with underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through music
- I have passed Grade 4 in guitar from Rock School, Trinity College
- I attended summer school at LSE in Managerial Accounting (during undergrad)
- During my freelance phase, have co-founded a small Instagram and website based e-commerce business dealing in retail fashion products

I am looking to target the following B-Schools for the class of 2024
/ Kellogg - MMM Program
/ Yale, SOM
/ SC Johnson, Cornell
/ Anderson, UCLA
/ Stern, NYU
/ Columbia
/ Esade Business School
/ Insead, France
/ HEC Paris
/ Rotman, Toronto
/ McGill, Montreal

I am looking for some clarity on whether I stand a chance for my target schools. Would truly appreciate any advice.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile review request [#permalink]