GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review Request: Healthcare Provider (28 Year Old Female)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review Request: Healthcare Provider (28 Year Old Female) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 12:39
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to review my profile and provide any insight. My request is to gauge the probability of my acceptance to a top 15 program.

GRE: 315

Undergrad: 3.87 GPA Neuroscience & Behavior Major (State University in Florida)
- Degree is very rigorous and science/math heavy. Courses such as Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Comparative Vertebrae morphology, Calculus, etc. Graduated Summa Cum Laude. This degree and major is considered Pre-Med.

Graduate: 3.67 GPA Masters in Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies (PA Program is ranked #2 in Florida (40th overall))
- Graduated With Honors. My PA program is very selective with only 75 students and the acceptance rate is 5%. The program is 27 months, full time, 39 courses and over 141 credit hours.

PA Work Experience/Description: A PA is healthcare professional who can work in any medical specialty; who diagnoses and treats disease, prescribes medications, and often serves as a patient's primary medical provider. I am a Dermatological PA, therefore my daily routine is to see 15-30 patients, whose visits consist of either full body skin checks, specific dermatological complaints (such as Psoriasis), surgical procedures (such as removal of skin cancers or precancerous lesions), or cosmetic purposes (such as lasers). I have my own patient base and work autonomously (with the support of 1-2 Medical Assistants) on a daily basis and only confer with the Physician for complicated cases.

By matriculation (August 2019) I will have accumulated 33 months of work experience.

Business fundamentals: Accepted into the June 2018 cohort of HBX CORe program offered by Harvard Business School.

Personal: Born in Berlin, Germany (I am a naturalized US Citizen) to a German Mother and Lebanese Father. Migrated to Florida in 2006 at 16 years old. 1st in Family to go to college, 1st in Family to graduate from Masters.

Involvement: Provide free skin checks and informational presentations on skin health and skin cancer prevention at several different events.

Post goals: Management Consulting with a focus on the Healthcare Industry.

Please let me know if I should elaborate on anything else. I really appreciate your input. Thank you in advance!
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile Review Request: Healthcare Provider (28 Year Old Female) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2018, 18:41
Thanks for your post; FL girl here (did you go to UM or UF or ??)! I think it's not outside the realm of possibility for a top 15 program for you, but it's more rare to see PA's go to the MBA degree, so be sure you fully explain your reasoning for the MBA and desired career change and research consulting options thoroughly. What was your GRE breakdown? The subscores matter a touch more for GRE than for GMAT given how they score it. And what were your percentiles? Any specific schools you are more interested in?

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
Re: Profile Review Request: Healthcare Provider (28 Year Old Female) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 06:34
Thank you so much for your candid response, Jen. I attended FAU actually!
I do realize that it is rare for PAs to pursue MBA degrees, and I am flexible with post MBA plans. I do find consulting alluring but I know how competitive the field is. I am also interested in entrepreneurship in the sense of opening my own practice and managing it. I have some other interests and still have to narrow down which to pitch in my MBA applications. My GRE breakdown is Verbal: 157 Quant: 158.
My top schools are: Columbia, NYU, UCLA, Cornell, Yale, and Kellogg
Reach school: Harvard
I welcome any advice on which schools to exclude or include based on my profile. Thank you so much again!

Profile Review Request: Healthcare Provider (28 Year Old Female)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap