GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 13:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Save up to $500 on MBA Admissions Consulting!

November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Apply with confidence using an Accepted admissions expert, save money and get accepted!

[delete post]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
[delete post]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Jul 2018, 01:58
[delete post]

Originally posted by standyonda on 05 Jul 2018, 09:09.
Last edited by standyonda on 09 Jul 2018, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: [delete post]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 20:18
standyonda wrote:
Dear mbaMission,

1. GMAT: 700 with Q49 and V35 (could go up to 750)
2. Degree: 5-Year Mechanical Engineer / Graduated first in class / Harder and best university in my country / Top 5% grade
3. Experience: 3 years of experience in IT, Business Operation and raw Mechanical Engineering in my country.

My goal is the top-5 universities in the US.
And if possible, please assess my profile for the MFin program at MIT.

Hi, standyonda.

Congratulations on graduating first in your class! That's an admirable achievement. I'm not 100% clear on your question - are you asking about "top 5" MBA programs in addition to the MFin program at MIT, or similar programs to the MFin program at MIT but at other top schools that are highly regarded for that type of degree? It's a little hard to answer without more clarity.

For the MFin program at MIT, the admissions committee looks at its candidates along a number of lenses: test scores, academic performance, essays (including video essay), and recommendations. What strikes me most from your profile is that I'm not clear on why you want to go to that program from mechanical engineering, and unsure how your past experience will translate to future goals. Your grades seem very good but have you taken finance in the past? It's hard to evaluate how your past skills will map to the curriculum without more detail. If there's not a clear transition, make sure that you explain in your application how and why you'd be successful in the program. I'd also suggest that you might want to retake the GMAT, as the average GMAT in the profile is 726. In general, for comfort, you want to be as close to the average GMAT or GRE as possible, or higher if there are any other possible question marks in your profile.

If you'd like to get further info on the top MBA programs, feel free to visit mbaMission.com to set up a free consultation! Thanks so much for writing in to us here.

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

[delete post]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap