Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Josh478 or someone else, I was wondering where you got your % goals. Is there a post somewhere that talks about % correct goals in OG.

Also, how do you define easy, medium, hard in OG? Do you just do it based on thirds?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Re: Progress? [#permalink]
josh478 wrote:
My scores:
Actual GMAT 2003: 530! (47%) 29Q 34V (No studying at all)

After studying Q: 8/06: PR 640 twice around 40/40 split both times

GMATprep: 610 and 630 ( 9/06) from memory

Actual GMAT 9/06: 590 (67%) 37Q 35V (No verbal studying)

Recent October/November:
PowerPrep: 640 (80%) 38Q 38V (month ago)
PowerPrep: 700 (93%) 45Q 41 V (week ago)
GMATPrep: 670 (88%) 41Q 40V (today)

I am getting close!!! I have a bit of optimism still. Just have to publicly profess my progress. My final G-Day is December 9!!
It is all about the Q for me. As the Q goes up, so does my chance for a 700... it can be done.

Keep at it buddy!!! Don't lose your concentration!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I can say that i have literally kept track of all my OG answers, each time I have gone through them (Q 2.5x, V 1.5x). So, I know exactly my hit rate. I use an error log/answer sheet I got off of this website... It is amazing! It has timers, % right, time, time per question and more. Search for it, it is worth it.

I take notes and review the questions I got wrong, plus during the practices I jot down my thoughts.

In the OG, you should (IMO) be above 85% in all sections.

Easy questions in OG are about first 2/5, next 2/5 are medum, and maybe last 1/5 are "hard." <--this is my opinion. (THis is for OG 11 where they are in order of difficulty.) However, the "hard" OG 11 questions are medium or easy in the GMATprep and GMAT. So, you should get 90% right in all OG 11 Q... others might feel differently, but that is my goal.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
cmns18 wrote:
Josh478 or someone else, I was wondering where you got your % goals. Is there a post somewhere that talks about % correct goals in OG.

Also, how do you define easy, medium, hard in OG? Do you just do it based on thirds?

Find the practice grid here, about mid-way down the page for the "latest version"... It is pretty sweet... file is called Testgrid4Gmat.xls

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11448

I then created a separate spreadsheet with all my % right broken down by question type and date. This then gives me a total % right for all the questions for the whole OG broken down by practice sets (mine are 23 PS and 14 DS at a time, and 19 SC, 16 CR, 5-6 RC; I do less RC because I don't struggle with them much). I break them down like this to have ~11 even sets in Q and~ 8-9 in V. I adjust the last set for the uneven numbers left over.

ok, thats it!

Enjoy!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]