Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
best of luck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Re: Advice [#permalink]
Puilunchristin wrote:
Like I have previously mentioned, I am only looking for a 550-600, so I am not sure how hard I have to work.

Work as hard as your possibly can, so that you will have no regrets.

What went wrong during your first test? Were you able to finish all the questions? Did you lose your concentration? If so, it may be good for you to do a couple more full-scale prep tests to build up the mental strength and endurance.

My advice is to do you last prep-test 3 days before the actual test. Spend the last 2 to 3 days doing light work and go thru your errors.

All the best!
- tk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GMAT [#permalink]
I am currently very frustrated with the GMAT. I am just wondering do you it's worth it to get a tutor if my target score is only between a 550-600? or would self-study be the way to go?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey Puilunchristin just PM me..and i'll let you in on some details if you want..
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have the sense that your low score had much more to do with your level of confidence than your mastery of the material. I would concentrate on getting more comfortable with the test and answering questions under pressure. For some people, an instructor can provide tremendous help with attaining this level of self-confidence. Other students find tutors of little value.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
I have the sense that your low score had much more to do with your level of confidence than your mastery of the material. I would concentrate on getting more comfortable with the test and answering questions under pressure. For some people, an instructor can provide tremendous help with attaining this level of self-confidence. Other students find tutors of little value.

When you say confidence, do you mean it as being able to finish the test with time left to spare and not run out of time?

I feel like I know all the basic fundamentals front and back, after the numerous of times I went over it. But then when it comes to the real thing, I began to question myself if my answer is right. Some other answers would look good as well and I always end up picking the wrong one during process of elimination.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The self doubt/indecision that you describe is what I mean by confidence. Even the best test takers will find a few questions that seem to have more than one right answer (at least at first glance), but it is crucial that you develop the confidence to identify the best answer choice and move on to the next question.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3