It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 01:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

QUANT - PREP

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 406 [0], given: 0

QUANT - PREP [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 16:56
Can anyone guide me how to prpare for Quant ,whih material to refer for the same?

cheers
Its Now Or Never

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 617 [0], given: 32

Schools: Hard Knocks
Re: QUANT - PREP [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 17:09
I used the GMATClub Challenges, 800Score.com quant only, OG Orange & Green book (of course).

How you start preparing for Quant will also depend on where you are in your scoring. If you've taken some prep tests previously, let us know what you're average score is for the quant section only. If you're scoring in the 30s, then you need to make sure you have all of the basics down so you don't see anything "new" on test day. Then once you have all of the basics down, you'll want to work on your speed, and then once you're able to answer most of the basic questions in under 2 minutes, start adding in harder questions (OG problems appear to get harder the farther back in the section the questions appear).

It's truly like preparing for a race. You gotta get a good running base on which you can build, then once you're used to running, start increasing the distance/pace until you hit where you want to be.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 617 [0], given: 32

VP
VP

Re: QUANT - PREP [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 17:30
jallenmorris wrote:
I used the GMATClub Challenges, 800Score.com quant only, OG Orange & Green book (of course).

How you start preparing for Quant will also depend on where you are in your scoring. If you've taken some prep tests previously, let us know what you're average score is for the quant section only. If you're scoring in the 30s, then you need to make sure you have all of the basics down so you don't see anything "new" on test day. Then once you have all of the basics down, you'll want to work on your speed, and then once you're able to answer most of the basic questions in under 2 minutes, start adding in harder questions (OG problems appear to get harder the farther back in the section the questions appear).

It's truly like preparing for a race. You gotta get a good running base on which you can build, then once you're used to running, start increasing the distance/pace until you hit where you want to be.

Hi jallenmorris,
Actually i gave a GMATPrep test yesterday and got a 640 in that .
Again i have observed ,most of the mistakes are silly ones like in DS,calculation mistakes (leaving boundary conditions and stuff).regarding basics ,probability and GCD etc are bad for me
got 15 mistakes in Quant,16 mistakes in verbal :shock:
I forget negative values :shock:
How should i go about it.Since im able to solve the questions but i rush to answers and mark incorrect choice.
OG Quant ??? is it availabl online ?
then Whats this GMAT Club challenges (are u talkin about the posts )????

cheers
Its Now Or Never

Re: QUANT - PREP   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2008, 17:30

QUANT - PREP

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap