Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [8]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [3]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
hanamana wrote:
I will be applying in R1 this year. I went to Cal for undergrad and have done a few extracurricular and school activities back when I was in school. I just started working on the essays. I am also retaking GMAT this Saturday to bump up my score closer to ~700.

Good luck hanamana for both your Berkeley app and GMAT! Hope other applicants will also soon post their app updates in this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
hello,

Has anyone submitted their R1 applications?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Application submitted! 710 GMAT, 3.3 GPA. Now we play the waiting game....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hwadeann wrote:
Application submitted! 710 GMAT, 3.3 GPA. Now we play the waiting game....

Congrats! Best of luck. I am submitting mine in a few days.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Last 3 days left to submit R1 EWMBA apps. Good luck to all R1 applicants.

Here's a quick checklist for the applicants who will submitting their apps in next couple of days..

• Application must be submitted by 11:59pm Pacific (2:59am EST and 7:59am GMT). Don't wait until the last minute for submission.
  • Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelop as issued by the school. Non-US transcripts can be scanned and uploaded in the online application for review but original transcripts must be produced within one week of the decision if you get admitted to the program.
  • Resume can be 1-2 pages long (1 page is generally recommended) and should be in PDF format. Note: Resume is often one of the first things the admissions committee reviews so it's your best tool to make a good first impression.
  • You can submit any of GMAT, GRE, or EA scores. Note: Only the applicants with 10 or more years of experience can submit EA scores. Tests may be taken up to two weeks after the application deadline of the round in which you are applying.
  • 2 recommendation letters are required one of which should be from your current direct supervisor. If for some reason current supervisor is not writing a letter for you then you should provide an explanation in the Supplementary Data section of the online application.
  • TOEFL score is needed if the official language of your country is not English.

Good luck to all! Share your thoughts and feelings with fellow applicants once you hit the submit button. :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Submitted my application!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The deadline for R1 has passed. Good luck to all of us! Keep us informed if anyone gets the interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Hi all
I had submitted my application for Round 1.
Just a note for anyone who is looking to apply in the future:
If your undergrad was from outside the US, you’ll need to send a COPY of your degree certificate to complete the application. They will need the original certificate and transcript if a positive admissions decision has been made.

Good luck to everyone! Hope to meet some future classmates here

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Got the email on Sunday after Thanksgiving... about 2 weeks after submitting.. wonder if it's good or bad to be one of the early interviews
Intern
Intern
Send PM
During a chat with the admissions committee, they mentioned that they tend to invite most applicants for an interview as long as they have a few years work exp. If that’s true not sure at what stage of the application they will screen for admit or denial but likely not at the interview

Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbawootwoot wrote:
Got the email on Sunday after Thanksgiving... about 2 weeks after submitting.. wonder if it's good or bad to be one of the early interviews

Congrats! Are you by any chance a reapplicant? Where are you based out of?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hanamana wrote:
mbawootwoot wrote:

Congrats! Are you by any chance a reapplicant? Where are you based out of?

No not a reapplicant, but I am in the bay area.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sankar769 wrote:
During a chat with the admissions committee, they mentioned that they tend to invite most applicants for an interview as long as they have a few years work exp. If that’s true not sure at what stage of the application they will screen for admit or denial but likely not at the interview

There was a long discussion on that last year in this thread. I've heard similar irl from prior applicants. Iirc the final number they settled at was just less than half get interviews. My question tho is about the order. I've read that first and last tend to be pretty good.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbawootwoot wrote:
sankar769 wrote:

There was a long discussion on that last year in this thread. I've heard similar irl from prior applicants. Iirc the final number they settled at was just less than half get interviews. My question tho is about the order. I've read that first and last tend to be pretty good.

I wouldn't even analyze good or bad at this point. You got the interview invite, which is great! Try your best. I am out of state, hence that was the reason why I asked because I wonder if location matters for interview dates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hanamana wrote:
mbawootwoot wrote:
sankar769 wrote:

I wouldn't even analyze good or bad at this point. You got the interview invite, which is great! Try your best. I am based in Seattle, hence that was the reason why I asked because I wonder if location matters for interview dates.

Yeah I have no idea about the order of interviews. Congrats on scoring one tho. Good luck and keep us posted!
So rumors are that the admit percentage is around 45%, you have any idea where that comes from?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
sankar769 wrote:
Hi all
If your undergrad was from outside the US, you’ll need to send a COPY of your degree certificate to complete the application. They will need the original certificate and transcript if a positive admissions decision has been made.

Is it also showing in your application checklist that they are "awaiting official ... transcript and degree certificate"?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
martenica wrote:
sankar769 wrote:
Hi all

Is it also showing in your application checklist that they are "awaiting official ... transcript and degree certificate"?

Yes exactly. I also got an email saying the application is complete enough to be reviewed and that official international transcripts and degree certificate will be required after a positive admissions decision.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts