GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 11:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Question for other applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Question for other applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 18:18
I gave my GMAT last week and got 710 (49 Q/ 39 V) !! :-D

I'm now planning to apply to business schools - Cornell, UNC, Rotman, Queens and figuring out which admission consulting service might work best for my needs. I did my initial research and found a few - Aringo, Menlo,.. however due to high cost, I'm looking for other options as well including newer names. While doing this, one of my friend from Queens suggested WritiGo.com as he took their service last year and was very satisfied. Does anyone else has any experience with WritiGo?

-Phrase88
[Please do not move it to ask admissions consultant section]
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Question for other applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 20:17
Phrase88 wrote:

I'm now planning to apply to business schools - Cornell, UNC, Rotman, Queens and figuring out which admission consulting service might work best for my needs. I did my initial research and found a few - Aringo, Menlo,.. however due to high cost, I'm looking for other options as well including newer names. While doing this, one of my friend from Queens suggested WritiGo.com as he took their service last year and was very satisfied. Does anyone else has any experience with WritiGo?

-Phrase88

No idea about WritiGO but you can check out the following threads for comparison of consulting packages as well as reviews of various admission consulting companies..

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-selec ... 29827.html
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/admissions ... ts?fl=menu

Hope that helps.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Question for other applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 20:23
Never heard of the service; however, usually there is a combination of Supply and Demand that governs some of the admissions consulting prices and the better consultants tend to be more expensive (though this is all usually based on time invested). You can also find reviews of some of the most popular ones here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/admissions_consultants

Speaking with a number of consultants recently about possibility of offering lower priced options and packages most have actually expressed concern about providing service without getting a background strategy session and getting to know the applicant and helping them craft the story. Coming in at the tail of the process, consultant will be limited in what they can help with. Most value will be in strategy - the polish of the essays or grammar check is really something you can get your cousin with MA in English to do.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Admission Consultant
G
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 02:53
Phrase88 wrote:

-Phrase88

I may have replied to your post earlier, but since I can't see it around, writing in brief here.

Happy to chat up and evaluate your profile. We do provide personalized service, with unlimited support. Real recommendations from real clients from USA, Canada, Europe, Asia and India are available on LinkedIn. No manufactured testimonials, because each of these clients has a verifiable profile.

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

Out of India? Use your Google/Skype account for free VOIP

"+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 17:30
bb wrote:
Never heard of the service; however, usually there is a combination of Supply and Demand that governs some of the admissions consulting prices and the better consultants tend to be more expensive (though this is all usually based on time invested). You can also find reviews of some of the most popular ones here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/admissions_consultants

Speaking with a number of consultants recently about possibility of offering lower priced options and packages most have actually expressed concern about providing service without getting a background strategy session and getting to know the applicant and helping them craft the story. Coming in at the tail of the process, consultant will be limited in what they can help with. Most value will be in strategy - the polish of the essays or grammar check is really something you can get your cousin with MA in English to do.

That was quite helpful. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 12:03
I have researched a bit more over last few months.

Below are my findings and plan:
- Admission consultants can help with strategy piece and polishing; Will give WritiGo (recommended by a friend) a try with base package and if it works out will go for a bigger package(plus or power). If not, I will go with one of the more expensive consultants
- Planning to apply this year for 2019 admissions
- Targeting same schools as mentioned in previous post
- Gained more international travel experience over last few months as I was travelling to client offices
- Will connect with students (current) from my target schools and also try visiting these schools
Re: Question for other applicants! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Jul 2018, 12:03

Question for other applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap