Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: Questions about LORs(Rotman, Schulich, Ivey, Sauder, McGill) [#permalink]
echelon99 wrote:
The questions concern the general process of automated LORs but since I'm applying to the above mentioned, I thought might as well mention them in the title. Feedback from current students would be very helpful, but as I said this concerns the general process.

-First, lets talk about the email addresses. Do the emails HAVE to be official company addresses (generated through MSOutlook) or can my recommenders use their private addresses (gmail/hotmail)? I haven't told the company I'm leaving, even though both my managers know. They suggested I should put in their private addresses and not their official ones. The company I work for has a very strict email monitoring policy. Can we do that and does that, in any way, reflect badly on the recommendations?

-What is the process exactly? Will my managers be sent a form to fill out and email back or will they access some portal and enter the information there? If it is a form, do they print it out and fill it by hand or can they fill it up using Adobe or Paint or something?

- As an international student, should I warn my bosses that they might be contacted by phone or email for a follow-up? One of my managers is not very good (POOR) with spoken English, I'm wondering if that can also damage my recommendation?

Hoping for some solid feedback. Thanks in advance.

Personally, I submitted my supervisor's official email addresses to give it a more official look but I don't think it matters. All they got was a link to the school admission site and they fill in the information there. All the information from the application is located centrally and electronically. I don't think the schools wants to deal with random hard copies coming in dribs and brabs so avoid that if you can. It's easier on both side if things are done electronically.

I don't think you have to worry too much about your manager's poor English skills. None of the schools I had applied to contacted my supervisors and even if they did, I'm certain that they understand that not all recommender speaks English well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thanks for the info deadly cat. btw did you get in touch with any current students from schulich during your admission process?

the mba-ambassadors there are notorious. i've been looking for someone to talk to for months. Lan Yu from admissions is nice enough, but I only got one email for mba-ambassador Johanna, and no more after that.

wanted to get a student's POV on the CDC. there has been some not so good news surrounding it, so wanted to get more info.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:
thanks for the info deadly cat. btw did you get in touch with any current students from schulich during your admission process?

the mba-ambassadors there are notorious. i've been looking for someone to talk to for months. Lan Yu from admissions is nice enough, but I only got one email for mba-ambassador Johanna, and no more after that.

wanted to get a student's POV on the CDC. there has been some not so good news surrounding it, so wanted to get more info.

I knew quite a few Rotman and Schulich mba grads so I didn't bother getting in touch with any current students. Funny enough Johanna was the one who called me and congratulate me after I accepted the Schulich's admittance. She's very nice, but I think she's also very busy.

Regarding the Career Development Center (CDC), my experience has largely been positive. Although I should mention that I'm a part time students so that my priority and needs might be a bit different than the full timers.
GMAT Club Bot