GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 08:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Questions regarding the GMAT Official Practice Exams

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Questions regarding the GMAT Official Practice Exams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 05:18
Hi,

With my GMAT date drawing closer, I am in the market for a GMAT full length-test series.
Going through a few posts on this forum I realized that the Offical mocks are a must.
But, before I make the purchase I wanted to know if the paid exams on the GmatPrep software(GMAT Official Practice Exams 3 & 4 onwards) give you detailed solutions after you are done with the test.
I had found most of the solutions to the free tests in the Verbal and Quant sections of this forum. Will I have to do the same for the tests that I buy? If yes, will I be able to find those questions(the paid test ones) here?

“Pain + Reflection = Progress”
― Ray Dalio

Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Questions regarding the GMAT Official Practice Exams  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 08:31
Hi lfc,

No, paid CATs are almost the same as the free ones - no explanations are provided. However, you can find detailed explanationans on gmatclub.

Hope this heps!

Non progredi est regredi

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 08:45
Hi,

Thanks for the info.
Also, do you have any suggestions as to which test series i should take..Manhattan Tests maybe?

― Ray Dalio

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 21:44
Hi lfc,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you use the CAT correctly).

1) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs so far (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your goal score?
3) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 22:06
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi lfc,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you use the CAT correctly).

1) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs so far (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your goal score?
3) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

I completely agree with your point. But I am looking for tests for timed practice with slightly tougher questions and i want develop exam mentality.
For approx scores I am going off the 2 free official CATs. Will purchase the official ones if I find the non official ones lacking. Thanks for your inputs.

My next question will be very MGMAT specific and hence open for all to answer, do the questions of the Manhattan Question bank show up in the 6 CATs? I hope the answer is no :roll:

― Ray Dalio

Target Test Prep Representative
G
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 10:11
None of the GMAC exams provide detailed solutions. However, the exams are definitely worth taking, and as you have seen, you can find the solutions here on GMAT Club. In the event that you don’t find a solution to a problem, just create a post, and many experts will be happy to respond.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: Questions regarding the GMAT Official Practice Exams &nbs [#permalink] 13 Jul 2018, 10:11

Questions regarding the GMAT Official Practice Exams

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap