It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rants page

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Rants page [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 11:29
This is just a rant, and hopefully someone else can add on to my frustration.

I am just disappointed in one of my recommenders, I don't know what more I can do. Great guy, but just procrastinate letters. I don't know what else to do, I had all the information given to him in august, and I talked to him several times this week and he said he will get it done. But Kellogg is due today and he hasn't started. I can either get crap or postpone it. Round 2 it is :( But I don't know what else do to... So frustrated right now! It just annoys me that he hadn't even started it. It's just the situation, work has been busy. But it's just sucks.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Rants page [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 11:34
Oh that's terrible, I feel for you. Are you sure that applying in R2 is the answer though (since it seems like you are adequately prepared on everything else)? Have your other recommenders been more responsible? To be honest I might just let my recommender submit for R1, at least he'll get some practice now and know how to approach the recommendation better for future schools. You may have to just bite the bullet and let him learn the lesson on this one...then your future ones should be much better, he can build on what he's already done. If you wait to R2 you may just be postponing the inevitable, I hope your other recommendations are strong so it won't have much of an impact.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 2

Schools: Tepper '11

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 11:38
You still have almost 8 hours, might be fine.

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 11:41
He hasn't started as of right now. and being how busy work is, I don't think he'll start until tonight. :( Funny how I put all my first choices in round 1. and I can't get those complete.

edit: Well Bigslick on BW forum had his recommender bailed on him. I guess I'm not that bad.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 12:06
I rather have one rushed rec in R1 then one non-rushed Rec in R2. (Chances are he will put in the same effort for both anyway)

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 12:09
i had the same problem with one of my recs...it's just not all that important to them i guess.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '11

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 12:17
One of my recommendors missed the Ross deadline last week (Friday at midnight ET) and wasn't able to submit until Monday. I called Ross admissions and was told that they'd still accept the app in round 1. Most schools seem to be understanding when it comes to things largely out of your control. At a minimum it's worth a call to Kellogg. As others have said, I doubt his recommendation is going to be any better next round than in the next 8 hours/day or two.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 13:25
I called kellogg, yesterday. They said that letter of rec has to be in by 11:59 CDT or else it will be move to round 2. They could be lying, but It's okay it's just a rant. I'll have everything in. So I'll still be an early round two when he finally submits.

Thanks guys, Just had to rant, Since I can't yell at my manager.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2008, 18:27
This post received
KUDOS
I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of the recommendation. The fact is that its the one part of the application that the applicant has little to no control over.

If you apply to a school that has an added advantage to applying to R1, I'd much rather apply to R1 with a crappy rec than R2 with a good one. They'll only check your rec to make sure you are not full of it IMO ...

Then again, I've never done college admissions before.

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 0

Re: Rants page   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2008, 18:27

Rants page

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap