GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 10:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Re-take GMAT after Sending Application

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Reviews Badge
Re-take GMAT after Sending Application  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 14:13
Hello!

Can one submit a new GMAT score to INSEAD after submitting the application? I am not sure if I have enough time for a retake and work on applications, so I am considering if I can take the GMAT after sending my application with the current score of 710 and if yes, in how many days should I ideally take the test?

Any leads will be helpful!

Thanks!
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Re-take GMAT after Sending Application  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 15:42
Hi GMATin, yes, in a pinch, this works. I would say between one and two weeks; give yourself a day or two to recoup from the applications; keep in mind video interviews one week after the due date. MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM OF YOUR PLAN in the the additional info area.

I don't remember your nationality. 710 is not terrible unless you are Chinese, Indian or otherwise overrepresented and so, while an improved GMAT is good, if you are underrepresented the main concern is having a balanced score, 75% for each section.

If your quant is low, might consider doing MBA Math and sending transcript to AO; this is like a 12 to 15 hour time commitment and will allay all fear of your quant aptitude (however, if you are competing with a lot of folks similar to you, won't help with that necessarily.)

GMATin wrote:
Hello!

Can one submit a new GMAT score to INSEAD after submitting the application? I am not sure if I have enough time for a retake and work on applications, so I am considering if I can take the GMAT after sending my application with the current score of 710 and if yes, in how many days should I ideally take the test?

Any leads will be helpful!

Thanks!

Manager
G
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 23:31
Hi MBAPrepCoach,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, my nationality is Indian. However, I am a female applicant without an engineering background, in case that helps? I completed my undergraduate studies in Economics from a top-ranked school in India and have experience in Finance and later family business. The sectional scores are not balanced as I would like them to be 710 (Q47, V40), however, I am hoping my quant-based undergraduate degree and work experience will help. What do you think? I should add, I plan to apply to HBS, Stanford GSB and LBS as well.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 00:13
INSEAD is a possibility but not a probability; LBS a bit more likely with the finance background; Harvard and Stanford are frankly out of the question with a 710 school for an Indian, even if you are female and not an engineer.

Unless you have some kind of extremely unique background or work experience that makes you extraordinarily diverse.

All of this said, of course I do not know you and haven't evaluated your profile, but this is likely the case.

As I mentioned, INSEAD likes to see a balanced score and if you don't meet at least 70% in one section that will hurt your chances.

I think you should retake the exam and strive for 740; might consider taking a mock GRE and going that direction with things, there is one on the Manhattan GMAT site. INSEAD is the one school that does not accept GRE scores but it's worth checking it out - often the result is higher even without studying for the GRE specifically.

To avoid disappointment, think of yourself as the RULE and NOT the exception. Apply more broadly within T15.

GMATin wrote:
Hi MBAPrepCoach,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, my nationality is Indian. However, I am a female applicant without an engineering background, in case that helps? I completed my undergraduate studies in Economics from a top-ranked school in India and have experience in Finance and later family business. The sectional scores are not balanced as I would like them to be 710 (Q47, V40), however, I am hoping my quant-based undergraduate degree and work experience will help. What do you think? I should add, I plan to apply to HBS, Stanford GSB and LBS as well.

Re: Re-take GMAT after Sending Application   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2019, 00:13

Re-take GMAT after Sending Application

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto