GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 May 2018, 08:42

Happening NOW:

INSEAD Rolling Out R1 Admission Decisions - Join CHAT Room2 to Get Latest Updates from Fellow Applicants

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Reading comprehension

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Reading comprehension [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 21:31
I have my GMAT in 20 days. Reading comprehension has always been my weak spot. Can GMAT experts guide me on how to prepare for Reading comprehension type questions. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G
Re: Reading comprehension [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 17:00
rookielearner wrote:
I have my GMAT in 20 days. Reading comprehension has always been my weak spot. Can GMAT experts guide me on how to prepare for Reading comprehension type questions. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Dear rookielearner,

I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, you have set yourself a tall order here. You want to improve in a very short time. You seem to be laboring under the misconception that someone can give you some kind of magical shortcut that will allow you to avoid all the hard work it will take to improve.

Think about it. Why does the GMAT ask RC? Because in B-school and even more in the business world, people have to read--often, they have to read information with which they are not familiar, and they need to be efficient at extracting what they need to make decisions. Not surprisingly, the best way to improve at GMAT RC is to read. If your question is how much can you improve in GMAT RC in 20 days, my question back to you is: how much new material can you read in 20 days? Over and above any GMAT preparations you are doing, you need to find several hours a day that you can devote purely to reading. You need to read, in well-written English, all the academic topics about which you know the least.

If you need to find time to read--well, I don't know how many hours a day you may devote to playing video games or watching TV or movies or exploring social media, but all that can be profoundly diminished for the next 20 days. The questions for you really are: what is your priority? This is your life. How much do you want to succeed on the GMAT? How important is it to you? Decide on your priorities and order your life accordingly.

You can start by reading these two blog articles:
How to Improve Your GMAT Verbal Score
GMAT Reading List

My friend, I truly wish you the very best of good fortune.

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Re: Reading comprehension   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2017, 17:00

Reading comprehension

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: mikemcgarry

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap