GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Recommendations for B-Schools based upon the following profile.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Recommendations for B-Schools based upon the following profile.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 06:43
Hello Everyone,

Can you please recommend good B-Schools based upon the following profile:

-26 yr old male.
-Degree: BS in Mechanical Engineering from a US state school
-Cumulative GPA- 3.11, Last 60 hours GPA: 3.88-
-GMAT score: 760
-GRE score: 325 (167 Q, 158 V, 4.5)
-Work Experience: 2 years work experience out of college (data-engineer at a Big 3 automotive company)

I love coding and data analytics:
1) I am proficient in JS, Python and SQL.
2) I have coded a few games in JS.
3) I have also created a fully functional clone of websites like Yelp.
4) Have also coded a Blockchain (it is essentially a bitcoin clone) in JS and same in Python.
5) Coded a Ethereum smart contract in Python.

Other Courses:
1) Completed Coursera's algorithm course from Stanford (vol 1-4) average grade 99.1%
2) Currently enrolled in MIT's Blockchain course.
3) Completed a free Online course directly offered by Stanford (passing rate was around 15%) in the class.

Can anyone please let me know what are my chances for good B-schools, I am currently focused only on MIT's MBAn (Master's in Business Analytics).

Thanks.
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Recommendations for B-Schools based upon the following profile.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 19:41
You've definitely got a good shot at the MIT MA program. B-school will be trickier. B-schools don't care at all about coding ability & want to see demonstrated business skills in your work experience. Your post-MBA goals will matter a lot for a b-school app as well. The adcom will want to see what exactly you plan to do in the ST & LT (target title & target firms) as well as what you hope to accomplish & why. Your goals are the foundation for your why MBA argument. Although you've got a strong GMAT your undergrad GPA is on the low end & it sounds like your job may be one where it might be difficult to show business skills and that's definitely something they are looking for. So, without knowing more about you & the specifics of your work experience, I'd say it may make more sense to target additional MA in Data Analytics programs rather than going the MBA route!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Recommendations for B-Schools based upon the following profile.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap