Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30818 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22081 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Request for help in analysing ESR and guidance on further st [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi sa119,

First off great start with 700. Regarding how to move forward with your studying, I’m curious to know how you were scoring on your MBA.com practice exams leading up to your GMAT? That data would be helpful in determining whether you performed up to your ability level on test day. Regarding your ESR, I think you did a very solid job in quant and if you were able to bump up your SC and CR score’s you could get close to 730 on test day. With all that in mind, I have two helpful articles for you to check out:

GMAT Sentence Correction: 8 Essential Tips

GMAT Critical Reasoning: 8 Essential Tips

Feel free to reach out with additional questions.

Hi ScottTargetTestPrep!

Thank you very much for your advice, I am excited to go through the articles you have shared!

As I mentioned in my post, due to time constraints and fatigue with studying for the test, I did not give any tests (including those at mba.com). The actual test was my very first attempt at the test.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [2]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Shivansh

First off, a 700/Q48 is an outstanding Score, so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you. As such, a retest might not be necessary. You're ultimately asking Admissions questions though, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement.

There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

There's no harm in continuing to study - and you could potentially pick up some points in both the Quant and Verbal sections (and with a 700, you're closer to a 730+ than you probably realize - so you won't necessarily need another 3 months of study to hone the skills needed to earn that type of higher Score).

Before we discuss the data in your ESR - and how you might best proceed with your studies - it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) What type of study routine were you following over the last 4 months? Were you studying in small 'blocks' or at inconsistent times?
2) For your next attempt, are you planning to take the At-home GMAT or are you planning to take your GMAT at a Test Facility?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30818 [2]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi sa119,

I can't find you on our platform. Please DM us your email id so that we can analyse your stats on our platform in comparison to your ESR and share a holistic plan with you.

Regards,
Aditee
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
sa119 wrote:
Hello experts,

Hope all of you are doing well!

I gave the gmat 2 months ago (Score: 700- Q:48 V :37). I had been studying for roughly 4 months (roughly 4-5 hours everyday) when I gave the test.

Here is a breakup of all the resources I used:

1. Egmat verbal and verbal scholoranium
2. Aristotle SC guide
3. Manhattan Books (all verbal and quant)
4. Official guides and verbal- quant review (also conducted a detailed analysis of each question through gmat club forums on why it was wrong etc)
5. Powerscore CR bible
6. Gmat club tests for quant (gave it in the form of quizzes and attempted 1100 quant questions. Did not attempt verbal questions.)
7. Gmat ninja videos on youtube (all of them)

Coming into the test week, I was little exhausted with studying for the gmat and would have preferred to delay it but due to time constraints I decided to give it anyway. I would also like to bring to your notice that I did not attempt any official mocks or any tests of the kind.(the actual test was my first attempt at any full gmat test). I understand that mocks are very important but fatigue and time constraints did not allow me to give them. Naturally during the test day, I had a big problem in pacing in the verbal section (I did not have an issue of pacing in quant).

SC had always been my strong suit when solving the OG questions and even in the egmat scholoranium, I did get a deep understanding of the concepts and nuances but on the test day the questions went over my head.

I am now picking my gmat prep again hoping to get a target score of 730+. I am looking to give the gmat again within roughly 2-3 months (planning to apply to ISB in this august). I would really appreciate if any of you could help me in analysing my ESR report and also guide me on what all steps I should take to improve my score from 700 to 730+.

Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks!

Hi sa119,

Congratulations on scoring a 700. You can go through the recording below to understand a few test taking strategies that will help you pace yourself better on the test.

And you can schedule a call with me using the below link. We can get in touch over a zoom conference call and analyze your ESR together.

Click here to schedule a call
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22081 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
sa119 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi sa119,

First off great start with 700. Regarding how to move forward with your studying, I’m curious to know how you were scoring on your MBA.com practice exams leading up to your GMAT? That data would be helpful in determining whether you performed up to your ability level on test day. Regarding your ESR, I think you did a very solid job in quant and if you were able to bump up your SC and CR score’s you could get close to 730 on test day. With all that in mind, I have two helpful articles for you to check out:

GMAT Sentence Correction: 8 Essential Tips

GMAT Critical Reasoning: 8 Essential Tips

Feel free to reach out with additional questions.

Hi ScottTargetTestPrep!

Thank you very much for your advice, I am excited to go through the articles you have shared!

As I mentioned in my post, due to time constraints and fatigue with studying for the test, I did not give any tests (including those at mba.com). The actual test was my very first attempt at the test.

I'm happy to help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out.
GMAT Club Bot