It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 13:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 14:56
I’m looking for advice on what schools I should realistically be considering for Round 1 next year. I would like to stay on the East coast for school. Fuqua is definitely on my list. Aside from that, open to opinions!

I’m a 25 year old female.
My goal post-MBA is to come back to the non-profit sector in a leadership role, and eventually start my own non-profit.
750 GMAT
3.5 GPA in humanities major at mid-tier university on a large academic scholarship
My university wasn’t exactly prestigious, but I practically got a full ride and was in the honors program.
I know my 3.5 GPA isn’t great for an English major (my grades majorly slipped my sophomore year for a legitimate reason, I’m not sure if I should take the time to explain this or if it’s overkill.
Graduated cum laude, and with honors in major (completed honors thesis)
Leadership positions on school debate team, won national competitions in debate. School team ranked in top 3 for debate all 4 years I competed.
Co-founder of a debate program at a local community college
Director of University Writing Lab in English Dept, managed a team of 20 tutors, in addition to tutoring 3 times a week.
Very active in sexual assault prevention on campus
On staff of university Literary magazine
Currently work for a prestigious non-profit in Washington, DC (nationally recognizable name) for 3 years. Promoted twice in 3 years.

Another thing, I’m technically Hispanic but I don’t speak Spanish, and I always hesitate checking the box even if it’s factually accurate. My dad is Hispanic and my Mom is white, and I definitely take much more after her, despite having a very Hispanic sounding name.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Re: Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 22:43
indecisiveapplicant wrote:
I’m looking for advice on what schools I should realistically be considering for Round 1 next year. I would like to stay on the East coast for school. Fuqua is definitely on my list. Aside from that, open to opinions!

My goal post-MBA is to come back to the non-profit sector in a leadership role, and eventually start my own non-profit.
750 GMAT
3.5 GPA in humanities major at mid-tier university on a large academic scholarship
My university wasn’t exactly prestigious, but I practically got a full ride and was in the honors program.
I know my 3.5 GPA isn’t great for an English major (my grades majorly slipped my sophomore year for a legitimate reason, I’m not sure if I should take the time to explain this or if it’s overkill.
Leadership positions on school debate team, won national competitions in debate. School team ranked in top 3 for debate all 4 years I competed.
Director of University Writing Lab in English Dept, managed a team of 20 tutors, in addition to tutoring 3 times a week.
Very active in sexual assault prevention on campus
Currently work for a prestigious non-profit in Washington, DC (nationally recognizable name) for 3 years. Promoted twice in 3 years.

Another thing, I’m technically Hispanic but I don’t speak Spanish, and I always hesitate checking the box even if it’s factually accurate. My dad is Hispanic and my Mom is white, and I definitely take much more after her, despite having a very Hispanic sounding name.

Hi There,
Your profile seems excellent to get into any school and you do hit the average GPA. You should consider Harvard which has 2% of class going into Non-profit upon graduation. That is the highest in terms of # of students (2% of 934 class size). Next best school is Wharton.
You did state your preference for east coast, but Michigan Ross also has excellent ecosystem for Non-profit. Hope this helps !

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern

Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 07:47
Thanks so much! I appreciated the feedback. I wasn't sure if I should be aiming that high (Harvard, Wharton). So thank you! That gives me a confidence boost.

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 17:14
indecisiveapplicant wrote:
I think you have a great profile. Stratus has some excellent knowledge of schools on East coast and particularly some real strength at Fuqua also. I think you should set high goals- and top programs will like you because you are different than many in the pool with your non-profit interests. A consultant could really help you put together the strongest application possible so I really encourage you to reach out. We'd love to learn more about you and you can have a free consult and also a 5% discount on any services through this link https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
750 GMAT
Very active in sexual assault prevention on campusYou have a lot of interesting leadership and strong academics and I have several ideas for you just from reading this. I hope you reach out as I think we can help. I had a client like you last year and with our help she got significant scholarships to 3 of 4 schools she applied to with us and they were top schools.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 37

Re: Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering?   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2017, 17:14

Request for Profile Evaluation- What schools should I be considering?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap