It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 09:17

Happening Now:

Live Chat with Cornell Johnson Adcoms and Students. Join HERE  |  HBS R1 Decision Chat

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for Profile Evaluations!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

Request for Profile Evaluations! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 07:07
Hi! Please evaluate my profile.

Indian Male candidate (27 years old) with bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University. Decent Academics (X-80%, 12-85%, Bachelors-75%), 6 years of work experience (including 3 years of International experience) with a Market research company focusing on research projects on new product launches and Pricing and promotion strategies in the FMCG domain. Currently working as a Senior Consultant in Poland.

In terms of extra curricular, I was elected House Captain in my last year of schooling, captained school/club cricket teams for 3 years, Played district level cricket in the Under 15 levels, active member of Rotract club during my college days and Community service groups at work.

In terms of the GMAT, i am taking it in 10 days, but i am stuck around the 670 levels. Would that be a okay score for my profile? Target Schools: ISB, IE, NUS, Nanyang, EDHEC.

Also, post MBA I want to move into a Brand Management role in the FMCG space. Are there specific schools I can target that specialize in placements with FMCG giants like P&G, Unilever?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 38

Re: Request for Profile Evaluations! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 07:38
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:

Hi Raunak,

You have a good overall profile. Your education background, no.of years of work ex, international work ex all help build a good profile. It adds to your profile when you have extra curricular involvement. Business schools appreciate you being very involved during your undergrad but would like to see the same level of involvement during your work too, which I suppose you do have.

Regarding your target schools, you should be able to get in at IE,NUS, NTU and EDHEC with a 670 score. But ISB and Duke you may want to touch 700 on the safe side.

I recommend you narrowing down where you want to work and target business schools in that country for Brand Management. Because recruiting will differ a lot from country to country. Hope this helps. Good Luck for your GMAT. Don't worry practice test scores improve in the last few days.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 38

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 39

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 09:19
Raunak_Bhatia wrote:

Hi Raunak_Bhatia, if you applied in R1 you should have heard something by now in terms of an interivew- I hope you heard good news but I will say that with a GMAT in the upper 600's you may have trouble securing an interview from Fuqua. I think your score may work for the other schools you list below- what you have that I see to offset the lower score is some interesting cross-cultural work experience and particularly the insight of being an Indian working in Poland currently is certainly something that sets you apart. Focus on what you have learned about doing business in a global environment, the results you have acheieved, and also how your consulting work prepares you for your post MBA career goal. If you want to strategize about R2 options, there is still time to do so and I suggest you reach out to us at this link for a free consult : https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Indian Male candidate (27 years old) with bachelors in commerce from Mumbai University. Decent Academics (X-80%, 12-85%, Bachelors-75%), 6 years of work experience (including 3 years of International experience) with a Market research company focusing on research projects on new product launches and Pricing and promotion strategies in the FMCG domain. Currently working as a Senior Consultant in Poland.

In terms of extra curricular, I was elected House Captain in my last year of schooling, captained school/club cricket teams for 3 years, Played district level cricket in the Under 15 levels, active member of Rotract club during my college days and Community service groups at work.

In terms of the GMAT, i am taking it in 10 days, but i am stuck around the 670 levels. Would that be a okay score for my profile? Target Schools: ISB, IE, NUS, Nanyang, EDHEC.

Also, post MBA I want to move into a Brand Management role in the FMCG space. Are there specific schools I can target that specialize in placements with FMCG giants like P&G, Unilever?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 39

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 08:45
Hello,

I am Indian Male Candidate (29 years). Please evaluate my profile
Academics -
CFA Level 2 Cleared
B.E. Computer Science from Mumbai University - 66%
MBA Finance from ICFAI Hyderabad - CGPA 7.6 (Looking for another PG for international opportunities in IB)

Overall Experience is 6 years (No International experience)
Currently working with J P Morgan chase and Co - 4.5 years with Fixed Income Middle Office (HK and Singapore markets)

I am appearing for GMAT in Dec last week.
Post MBA I wish to work in Asia(HK, Singapore)/Europe

Please help with your valuable insights

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Request for Profile Evaluations!   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2017, 08:45

Request for Profile Evaluations!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap