Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 17:53 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 17:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 978 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2068 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
Re: Request for Profile Review - TOP US MBA (HWS + Sloan) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Dkhapllicator:

If the GMAT holds, you should make for an interesting candidate for those 4 schools. Two questions:

(1) Why are you only applying R2?

(2) Are you only interested in those 4 schools and, if you are not accepted, will you not consider others? We ask because there are many other excellent, comparable programs in the US and we implore folks to look at them as viable alternatives. This is especially the case for the top schools that are extremely competitive and, thus, harder to predict in terms of your chances of admission.

-Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Dkhapllicator:

If the GMAT holds, you should make for an interesting candidate for those 4 schools. Two questions:

(1) Why are you only applying R2?

(2) Are you only interested in those 4 schools and, if you are not accepted, will you not consider others? We ask because there are many other excellent, comparable programs in the US and we implore folks to look at them as viable alternatives. This is especially the case for the top schools that are extremely competitive and, thus, harder to predict in terms of your chances of admission.

-Admissionado

1) I am applying for the R2 because I am just not prepared yet to apply for these. I want to apply when I have matured the idea more, prepared and really spent solid time to grind out GMAT as well. I know I could probably stress out an application or two for R1, but I wouldn’t be putting my all into it, and also; I get my vacation+4/5 month parental leave by August, which gives me plenty of time to really spend solid time on all of this.

2) As an international applicant aspiring to eventually settle in Middle East/Asia, I think these schools are the more well known ones over there. Additionally, there is a total scholarship available for locals here, and it covers only these schools + some in Europe.

And finally, thank you for the feedback and tips. I really appreciate it!

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2068 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dkhapllicator:

That's entirely fair reasoning. It's good to see candidates who take a methodical approach to this process. The applications are typically released in late July/August so make sure to take a look then even if you're waiting until R2.

The same goes for those select schools. It will be challenging, but if it's those schools (or bust) then you have the right mindset.

If we can be of help come time for your application, please contact us for a free consultation.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/