Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Requesting suggestions for a good classroom coaching institute [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Dheeraj,

I recommend that you take the CAT closer to the time of day that you will likely take your Official GMAT - the morning or early afternoon (and not at night, when you're likely to be too tired to perform at your best).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64908 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
dheerajb wrote:
Dear Friends,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Dheeraj, I have ~10 years of experience. I have a B. Tech. degree from a private institute and I am from Gurgaon.

I am absolutely serious about taking the GMAT in September end or early October. I have always been scoring more than 90% in mathematics during school/college, have been solving puzzles and have the confidence that I will do well on quant. My understanding is that I will have to spend more time on verbal section. I may be wrong and will only come to know the real situation once I start taking the full length tests.

I have therefore decided to go for class room coaching to familiarize myself with the actual test environment. I have met people from Princeton and Jamboree in old DLF, sector 14 Gurgaon. Have just got to know that Kaplan (the Chopras) and Veritas Prep are also there in Gurgaon and that too in old DLF only.

Can someone please suggest which classroom course is relatively better and on which parameters?

I am running against time and will really appreciate a quick reply as I have to get the ball rolling asap.

Regards,
Dheeraj

To check out our philosophy and methodology, take a look at our website: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/
This page also has links to a few of our free resources - a four part SC video lecture, our DS book and a free practice test. Suggest you to check out all these resources and also meet the guys at the DLF centre. That will help you make an informed decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Rich,

I have started the self preparation and need your valuable suggestions. Which is the latest date/week by when I should have taken the GMAT in order to apply in round 2 this year. I will be 32 this November, so I should try and get admission for academic year 2016-2017 as 2017-2018 seems to be too late. With current workload from office I may find it difficult to complete the preparations by last week of September, which is the week in which I intend to take GMAT.

In short, can I take the GMAT say by 10th-15th October to boost my chances?

Regards,
Dheeraj
Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dheerajb,

Before you invest a good amount of money into personal coaching, take advantage of the free trials available from most of the online resources available to you. You should, of course, begin by taking a practice CAT to get a baseline score and determine where your strengths/weaknesses are, but once you've done that, play around with some of the great products available to you in these free trials and see what works best for you.

To try Economist GMAT Tutor for 7 days, follow this link: https://bit.ly/1aKYX0U. You'll notice that in addition to a number of practice tests, GMAT Tutor uses adaptive technology similar to the actual exam to customize a study plan based around your specific needs.

Best,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dheerajb,

The Round 2 deadlines for most Schools are in December or January, but you should research the specific Schools that you plan to apply to and note their SPECIFIC application deadlines.

You mentioned taking the GMAT in late September, but that would really only be necessary if you were planning to apply for Round 1 (for most Schools, Round 1 is early-to-mid October).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot