Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah,

What sucks is trying to fit this in on top of everything else we need to do. (Apt search, parking, relocation, picking a sweet laptop, etc...) Where do you even go to dig up your old medical charts/forms or who do you even go see about this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have the same problem with this "Student Immunization Record". A real pain. I live in US now but I was born and raised in Europe, I don't have copies of my medical files and I have no idea where to go to get this stuff done.
What did you guys do?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is equally as annoying for a US citizen who has been through the US public schools and university system. I basically have all of the immunizations they (Kellogg) want and more. But I have to have my pediatrician dig out my immunization records from his archives, which is in some storage facility somewhere.

Of course, the alternative is having some doctor stick me full of needles in the next two weeks. No, thank you.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was thinking that maybe my high school or something like that should have my immunization record, but I really don't think they keep stuff like that around for 10+ years.

I remember back in high school that there was a local clinic that would do quick checkups and immunizations at a really low cost for people that participated on sports teams. Darden gave the a phone number for something like that, but I probably need to get it done before I head to Charlottesville. I will try to find such a place locally I guess.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I was thinking that maybe my high school or something like that should have my immunization record, but I really don't think they keep stuff like that around for 10+ years.

I remember back in high school that there was a local clinic that would do quick checkups and immunizations at a really low cost for people that participated on sports teams. Darden gave the a phone number for something like that, but I probably need to get it done before I head to Charlottesville. I will try to find such a place locally I guess.

Peli, from what I gathered, you can also get a microbio check done, however that may end up costing much more than getting the shots again. If your parents didn't tuck away the record in some scrap book, then be prepared to get the needle treatment again. I get liquid b-12 injections all the time, so it really wasn't a big issue.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Re: Required Immunizations [#permalink]
Duke asks for proof of MMR and Tetanus (booster) vaccination.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Make sure you get on the Hepatitis B vaccine since it is a three shot vaccine and you have to wait a couple months after the first to get the second and another 4 or so for the third.

Chickenpox. Everyone I know had that as a kid and the vaccine wasn't even around when most b-school students were at the age they give those out.

Since I traveled to a bunch of underdeveloped countries in college we had to get all these and more. You probably could find most in your medical records.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Sloan '16 (A)
Send PM
I know this thread is old but after searching around I ended up using a service called OnPulse to get my records for me. Might help others on here: onpulse.com/records
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATT73 wrote:
Just when I thought I had this whole enrollment/registration package ready to roll, I suddenly got hit with a red light:

"Proof of the following immunizations are required before you can register."

Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV)
DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis)
Hib (meningitis)
IPV (polio)
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
Varicella (chickenpox)
MCV4 (bacterial meningitis)

Other than the standard immunizations I got as a baby/toddler some...25~30 years ago, how in the **** am I supposed to submit proof? I just checked my birth certificate (the original) and it's not even noted.

Seriously, what's next? A retina scan? Sperm sample?

What??? where is it required? only US schools?
GMAT Club Bot