GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 23:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Retake? 720; 41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Retake? 720; 41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 14:17
Hi All,

I applied R2 to HBS and was rejected with no interview. I am going to reapply R1 next year, but I was wondering if anyone thinks it is necessary to retake the GMAT. I will be working over the summer, but I do not mind carving out some study time to boost my score if it is necessary. I am currently a 1L at HLS, so I'm really only willing to apply to the JD/MBA at Harvard for this reason. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
RC Moderator
V
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Retake? 720; 41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 18:18
Hello AccountsPlay174 .... welcome to the community. Congratulations on such a steller score :thumbup: :thumbup:

In my limited knowledge I am definitely not eligible to say anything .... still in my opinion ... Your profile looks abolute gem !!

I think the ad-consultants would be able to provide more perspective. The link below has a list of them ..... you can post your query at their pages.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Otherwise ... I would go the HBS forum and PM (cold mail) some admits with my queries ... I am sure someone ( may be more !! )would reply. Remember to spread your selection through years .
https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-184/ ... acker.html

The link above has 2021... make sure to mail some guys from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017... etc

Hope this helps !!
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 18:21
Hi AccountsPlay174,

First off, a 720/Q47 is an outstanding score, so if you were rejected outright, then it likely was NOT because of that Score. With highly-competitive Programs, every aspect of your application tends to be 'nitpicked', so you need a strong OVERALL application and you need to properly 'market yourself' to each individual Program that you apply to. This is likely more of an Admissions-based issue, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 21:22
AccountsPlay174 wrote:
Hi All,

I applied R2 to HBS and was rejected with no interview. I am going to reapply R1 next year, but I was wondering if anyone thinks it is necessary to retake the GMAT. I will be working over the summer, but I do not mind carving out some study time to boost my score if it is necessary. I am currently a 1L at HLS, so I'm really only willing to apply to the JD/MBA at Harvard for this reason. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
You don't need to take the exam again.

That said, I'd take the exam again if I were you, especially if this was my first attempt or if I had better scores on the GMATPrep practice tests.
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 08:57
Hi AccountsPlay174,

Welcome to gmatclub!

Also check this thread:
Everything you wanted to know about retaking GMAT. Not Happy with your GMAT Score? Not sure if it is good enough?

Hope this helps!
P
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 12:54
AccountsPlay174 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

720 is a fantastic score and I would recommend to focus on other areas of the application process. However, if you feel that you can do better than a 720 then it won't hurt to give it another shot. The Q47 could easily be improved to a Q49-51 with disciplined practice.

Best wishes!:)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 12:43
Thanks for the replies! I will post my question to the admissions forum in the coming days. I'm still undecided on whether I will retake, but I don't see it being too taxing to carve out a few hours in the morning before work and after work over the summer. Regardless, I'd be starting the studies back up around June 1 in hopes of taking mid/late July or in August if need be.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 18:35
Hi AccountsPlay174,

If you do decide to retake the GMAT, feel free to reach back out. I’d be happy to help.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GRE 1: Q161 V159
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 04:10
very interested into what you end up doing--i myself got same 720 [47q, 42v] after cram prepping for a week (see my retake thread entitled "720 after 8 days prep, where to go from here for a 740+?" from about a month ago), and also hope to do a JD/MBA but at Cornell sans work experience. been casually prepping over the last month by completing then rewatching all the magoosh videos and doing kaplan adaptive q bank questions. if you do retake, please share/message what approach you're going with, i'm interested to see what others in somewhat similar situations think/do.

also, if you're looking for a fitting MBA consultant i highly suggest Katherine Lewis at MBA Mission--she's a top-of-her-class JD/MBA both from Harvard and all around affable lady i really enjoyed conversing with as compared to other consultants i considered. if i were you i would contact her about the 30min free initial consult and see what she has to say.

ps: if you're looking to talk test strategy/approaches/materials/etc. get at me in the messages. congrats on HLS, g'luck.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.83

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 10:32
Why do you want to do an MBA if you are already at HLS? Just curious

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Retake? 720; 41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2019, 10:32

Retake? 720; 41V/47Q; 8IR, 5AW

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap