Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.84
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Retake Kaplan CAT? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rboots,

You can retake the test by calling 1-800-KAP-TEST and asking them to reset the test. However, can I ask why you want to retake the test instead of taking the NEXT test? After all, if you retake the test, you'll see some of the same problems again and your test results will get skewed!

Eli
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Without going into the specifics, let's sat this was such a meltdown that it won't hurt anything to do it over. Ugh.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
rboots wrote:
Without going into the specifics, let's sat this was such a meltdown that it won't hurt anything to do it over. Ugh.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Ouch! My sympathies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I can't believe we can't just reset it ourselves....i just wanted to do the quant section and see results, i didn't know you can only take it once...they better reset it for me lol....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: NYU EMBA'17
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
Hi rboots,

You can retake the test by calling 1-800-KAP-TEST and asking them to reset the test. However, can I ask why you want to retake the test instead of taking the NEXT test? After all, if you retake the test, you'll see some of the same problems again and your test results will get skewed!

Eli

Hi, I have take the calss at kaplan Hong Kong and I have been refused to reset the test.... Any idea why it is not possible in Hong kong?

Many thanks,

Pauline
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pauline,

Eli no longer works for Kaplan, so I don't think that he'll have any answers. Since your Course comes with so many CATs (and there are plenty of additional CATs on the market), the fact that you can't get this one CAT reset shouldn't be the end of the world. I suggest that you move on to the next CAT "in line."

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pauline,

Eli no longer works for Kaplan, so I don't think that he'll have any answers. Since your Course comes with so many CATs (and there are plenty of additional CATs on the market), the fact that you can't get this one CAT reset shouldn't be the end of the world. I suggest that you move on to the next CAT "in line."

Rich

Hi Thanks for the reply,
well yes there are other on the market it is jsut that considering the price you pay I was expecting that it will be possible to reset the test instead of buying more ...

But ok it is what it is :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pauline,

You make a good point (about the expense) - my guess is that if you call Tech Support and "yell" at them enough, then I bet that someone will reset that CAT for you.

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pauline,

You make a good point (about the expense) - my guess is that if you call Tech Support and "yell" at them enough, then I bet that someone will reset that CAT for you.

Rich

Haha,

Well, I event went there is person saying that i spent around 1000 USD for their package and I can not reset the test? Really disappointing ... honestly...
I ll try again tonight and let you know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
rboots wrote:
So I tried Practice Test #3 online tonight. Let's just say it didn't go so well. Am I able to redo it?

Hey rboots

We can't comment for other tests but do note that you can always take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rboots,

Just wanted to check in here and see if you were able to get your test reset with Kaplan. Looking forward to hearing any updates about your test prep as well.

Best,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,
After 1week of back and forward messages the CAT are finally reset. However this was not possible with the Hong Kong team I had to contact the customer service in the U.S. And they were really helpful. I am definitely going to discuss with the Hk team about this as it is really desapointing that they refuse to reset the test.

Cheers,

Pauline
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Pauline,

Rich

I opted for the GRE course, which comes with five practice tests along with a diagnostic test. The course length is 12 months, which means that I have only FIVE tests in a 12-month period to attempt, which is kinda frustrating. This assumes that I wouldn't want to take more than five practise tests before the account expires. which is again, irritating. I've used another Online Portal offered by the Princeton Review, which does allow retaking of tests. And I've heard people saying the same thing about the Manhattan Review and other portals. I don't understand why I have to go through the hassle of contacting a tech team and requesting them to reset it and then, wait for them to reset it, God knows when.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Borlen,

Since this is a GMAT Forum, I'm not sure if complaining about a GRE product is relevant. However, your post has piqued my interest, so here's my take on your situation.

1) I've never seen a reasonably-desiged GRE Course that takes 12-months to complete. You might have 12 months of 'access' to the materials, but you shouldn't need to spend nearly that long preparing for the GRE. A few months of consistent study would probably be enough.
2) There are 2 free GRE practice MSTs available form www.gre.org, so you can add those to your training materials if you need them (and if you do some research, then you should be able to find some additional practice MSTs, if needed).
3) Retaking an MST that you've already used will lead to an unrealistic score result, so you shouldn't do so (if you want to retake the MST for general practice purposes, then that's fine, but the score result will be meaningless).

Rich
GMAT Club Bot