Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Ross vs LBS vs INSEAD for an international student pursuing MBB roles in English-speaking countries

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V35
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [3]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Ross vs LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]
Kudos
muffin9559 wrote:
Thank you bb for your response!

I don't have a specific preference between regions, as long as I'm in an English-speaking environment and secure a job at MBB. I'm somewhat inclined towards Ross, given its access to US MBB positions and the positive feedback I've heard about Ann Arbor.

Comparing LBS and INSEAD, INSEAD seems quite intense, and I'm actually looking for a program with a slightly more relaxed pace. However, in terms of culture and the people I've interacted with, I felt that INSEAD was a better fit than LBS.

muffin9559 hope this finds you well

LBS and INSEAD are both great options if you wish to work anywhere in the word except the USA. Although some consulting companies do recruit for the US offices even from INSEAD, its still a better idea to do an MBA in the US if thats where you want to work.
INSEAD is also quite intense when you compare it with the other popular B Schools in the EU-UK, most of which have 15+ months curriculum (sometimes with flexibility). If you pick INSEAD, you should opt for the Jan intake which is slightly more relaxed due to the summer break (and internship). Since you have a prior consulting background, you should not worry picking INSEAD. You will be able to interview for any English speaking MBB office (EU, UK, ME, ASIA and APAC(Singapore and Jakarta, Australia).

Best wishes
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Ross vs LBS vs INSEAD [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I think Ross is a solid choice with additional options and opportunities with a summer internship and better pay than Europe can offer.

Keep in mind that MBB is very very competitive. Even some of the best schools will end up placing only 10% of their class and it’s not so much does the school is placing but the 10% are chosen. That talks about the caliber of people. And the intensity of competition and polishing of your skill sets and hopefully luck as well. So if you are unlucky for example for some reason with MBB, I feel Russ gives you options for recovery with highly paid jobs.

PS. I assume you have signed up for pre-MBA MBB internships?

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
muffin9559 wrote:
Ross: Although not part of the M7, Ross provides access to the large US consulting market and has many graduates working at MBB. I am unsure how easy this will be for an international student like myself. Additionally, Ross has a less international environment compared to LBS and INSEAD, which makes me wonder about my overall experience there. I am also interested in understanding the brand value of Ross, given that it is not part of the prestigious M7 group.

I definitely agree with you on the international numbers at Ross (quite honestly, most business schools in USA need to work on that). I do think that Ross is a great feeder to Chicago consulting companies, and has a strong network in mid-west. Also, in US, the chances of getting into consulting companies from Ross are strong, from what I have heard. The international student visa is a big issue and that may curtail opportunities beyond MBBs.

muffin9559 wrote:
LBS: Offers opportunities in London and Dubai for me, as transitioning from Europe to the US can be challenging. London is an exciting city with excellent networking prospects. LBS has a great brand recognition throughout Europe.

Completely with you on this, the opportunities have certainly increased. Lots of people have called it out to have become a strong market for employment, at least for now. Mobility should not be a concern for you in Europe, so this seems like a great option.

muffin9559 wrote:
INSEAD: Known as an MBB powerhouse - however, many graduates return to their home countries after completing the program. Like LBS, post-MBA opportunities are likely limited to London and Dubai for me. The 10-month program duration raises concerns about the European job market's current stagnation, which could limit consulting hires. Similarly, INSEAD holds a strong brand reputation in Europe.

INSEAD surely is an MBB powerhouse, but I am unsure of the reach post-brexit into an English speaking country, from what I have seen, language barriers are real and have affected their career growth. But, INSEAD surely is a great school and they also had this third language requirement some years ago. Could be something to look at. Because if language is priority, then it does matter to choose a school that operates in your preferred mode- so to speak.

From your post, I just got a hint that you're more inclined to LBS but hoping this perspective helps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [2]
Given Kudos: 274
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
My 2 cents (current international student at Ross): You will have plenty of opportunities to recruit for MBB and other top consulting firms from Ross across North America geographies (beyond just midwest). I myself am going to an MBB office on the west coast for the summer. If you want to move to the US, Ross is a no brainer. I can see on your profile that you are from Romania, I can get you in touch with a Romanian student from my class to chat with you more.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes Ross is a national school with pull globally as well.

mittalbwoy wrote:
My 2 cents (current international student at Ross): You will have plenty of opportunities to recruit for MBB and other top consulting firms from Ross across North America geographies (beyond just midwest). I myself am going to an MBB office on the west coast for the summer. If you want to move to the US, Ross is a no brainer. I can see on your profile that you are from Romania, I can get you in touch with a Romanian student from my class to chat with you more.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts