GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Round 3 Admission rate

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Round 3 Admission rate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 12:34
Hello All!,

I am new to the Forum and have a question for you all.

I have recently started studying for the GMAT and don't have a reasonable amount of time to get everything together for the January application deadlines. So I planned on taking it end of Jan early Feb to give myself more study time. There is a Round 3 deadline in April for most of the Schools I would like to apply to (CBS, NYU, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Haas, Anderson).

I know you need to stand out in the last round so I'm obviously not going to apply unless I score 700+ on the GMAT (easier said than done) and I feel my resume is pretty strong. I have been working in Corporate Finance for 5 years (mostly FP&A but also Stress Testing & 2 promotions) in 2 large S&P 500 companies in NYC, Tokyo, & San Diego.

So my question is....is it worth it to apply in Round 3? I know it probably has a lower acceptance rate in Round 3 but is it impossible? Does anyone know the acceptance rate for Round 3 deadlines?

I know I could always wait another year and apply Round 1 next year but in my current situation starting school in Fall of 2019 would be more than ideal.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 12:48
Hi. This is a common question and you can search for it. Even our simliar topics BOT found a few similar discussions. In general R3 is a weird round. By that time 80-90% of the programs are probably filled and this is just an opportunity for some late bloomers or those who somehow missed the first few rounds. For the top programs, it is barely anything. At the same time, they will take unique and strong candidates. It is definitely POSSIBLE but ODDS are against R3 applicants.

You can go to the decision tracker and open a school you are interested in - e.g. Ross and see it in 2017 (Class of 2020).
R1 - 69 Admitted
R2 - 62 Admitted
R3 - 1 Admitted
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/dec ... acker.html

For McCombs:
R1: 55
R2: 38
R3: 0

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-203/ ... acker.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

SVP
SVP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Round 3 Admission rate  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 14:35
Hi, u4gotboutdray01 I would strongly advise against it - at that point, they are just looking to round out the class with highly diverse candidates or sometimes, candidates with very, very high GMAT scores to bump up their average (bc ranking.)

u4gotboutdray01 wrote:
Hello All!,

I am new to the Forum and have a question for you all.

I have recently started studying for the GMAT and don't have a reasonable amount of time to get everything together for the January application deadlines. So I planned on taking it end of Jan early Feb to give myself more study time. There is a Round 3 deadline in April for most of the Schools I would like to apply to (CBS, NYU, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Haas, Anderson).

I know you need to stand out in the last round so I'm obviously not going to apply unless I score 700+ on the GMAT (easier said than done) and I feel my resume is pretty strong. I have been working in Corporate Finance for 5 years (mostly FP&A but also Stress Testing & 2 promotions) in 2 large S&P 500 companies in NYC, Tokyo, & San Diego.

So my question is....is it worth it to apply in Round 3? I know it probably has a lower acceptance rate in Round 3 but is it impossible? Does anyone know the acceptance rate for Round 3 deadlines?

I know I could always wait another year and apply Round 1 next year but in my current situation starting school in Fall of 2019 would be more than ideal.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 05:19
Laws of probability say that you will very likely not make it :)

R1 next year- focus only on GMAT right now.

Our GMAT Program- Creating 750+ Scores
Our MBA Consulting- Top Schools and significant Scholarships
PythaGURUS Education
http://www.pythagurus.in

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 17:43
While less people gets in in 3th round also few people apply and usually less prepared.
If you have a strong application you should go for it! If you have doubts about a particular program try to chat with current students and alumni.
If you don't have friends in the schools you are applying you can connect with second year students and alumni of the tob b-schools at mymbacircle. com

Best of luck with your application!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2018, 21:27
I asked about applying Round 3 and most of the current students suggested applying Round 1 or 2 the following year over Round 3. Though you may want to check Round 3 stats for your prospective school - NYU, for example, admits a decent number of candidates R3.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Round 3 Admission rate &nbs [#permalink] 17 Nov 2018, 21:27

Round 3 Admission rate

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap