Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Getting candidates into great schools!
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
Send PM
Re: Round 3 applicants [#permalink]
funny you should ask - HBS

For some reason, I didn't think I would move as far as I did...but now I think I should give it a try. Truth is I'm not sure if I 100% want to go there but feel like I shouldn't take it off the table before considering.
ShellyLWatts wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
this is old...but i'm wondering if there's anyone on here that has applied to any school R3 (or whatever the last round is) and got in? care to share your experience?

Hi Angelfire213,

We have had many successful applicants in Round 3. The key is to target your schools excellently and of course to put forward an outstanding application. Some schools are more open in Round 3, so you should know where to submit applications. Other schools have virtually no seats left by Round 3 and so you can apply there, but you may only have success if you help them round out their class. I will be very important you articulate through your essays and recommendations what unique things you can bring to the class.

What schools were you thinking of applying to?

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel
MBA Admit.com
https://www.mbaadmit.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
By the way, many top MBA programs have deadlines in the next few weeks (some of them are not last rounds!), as you can see here:
https://www.aringo.com/LowSeasonDeadlines.htm
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I agree with the above. Succeeding in Round 3 depends on the school, as some schools are already pretty much "closed." Happy to provide advice though on which schools are still contenders, as there are still many good possibilities.

Jillian
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)

www.MBAIvyLeague.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
MBAIvy wrote:
I agree with the above. Succeeding in Round 3 depends on the school, as some schools are already pretty much "closed." Happy to provide advice though on which schools are still contenders, as there are still many good possibilities.

Jillian
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)

https://www.MBAIvyLeague.com

I'm curious, which schools are still contenders? I'm thinking about applying to Wharton Round 3. From looking at old Wharton threads, it looks like Wharton is pretty much closed. Is that accurate?
I don't think this forum is a good gauge. A lot of people here are very motivated and quite a few do the earlier rounds. I went through last years HBS, Booth and 1 other (dont rememebr now) and there was maybe 1 person talking about round 3. But i found outside blogs with people that applied.

Keep in mind that a higher percentage of people here than normal are foreign so that limits the R3 applicants because of visa issues. I think i saw something on accepted or some other blog that did a list of schools in which R3 is still viable.

As with all things, you probably just have to assess yourself. I know more than 3 people personally that got into HBS R3 (all sub 700 GMAT - but close)
DLEmba wrote:
MBAIvy wrote:

Jillian
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)

https:u//www.MBAIvyLeague.com

I'm curious, which schools are still contenders? I'm thinking about applying to Wharton Round 3. From looking at old Wharton threads, it looks like Wharton is pretty much closed. Is that accurate?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
I don't think this forum is a good gauge. A lot of people here are very motivated and quite a few do the earlier rounds. I went through last years HBS, Booth and 1 other (dont rememebr now) and there was maybe 1 person talking about round 3. But i found outside blogs with people that applied.

Keep in mind that a higher percentage of people here than normal are foreign so that limits the R3 applicants because of visa issues. I think i saw something on accepted or some other blog that did a list of schools in which R3 is still viable.

As with all things, you probably just have to assess yourself. I know more than 3 people personally that got into HBS R3 (all sub 700 GMAT - but close)
DLEmba wrote:
MBAIvy wrote:

Jillian
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)

https:u//www.MBAIvyLeague.com

Good point. I'll probably end up submitting. But I'll keep looking around other forums to feed my curiosity!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Round 3 applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I actually consistently have clients who get in R3 at the top schools, despite all of the negative discouragement on the web about applying so late. I do believe the competition is tighter for this round, given the fewer seats available in the class, but if you are qualified and somehow just couldn't apply earlier due to job responsibilities for example, you should not think it is a lost cause. I get clients in every year, yet every year read how "closed" R3 is...the truth is somewhere in between.

[I'm a former Harvard interviewer and Harvard grad, and currently run the MBA consulting firm MBA IVY LEAGUE]

Jillian
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)

https://www.MBAIvyLeague.com
GMAT Club Bot
Round 3 applicants [#permalink]