GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).

new topic post reply Update application status  
Tuck School Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Reviews Badge
Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 May 2019, 00:01
Original Post

Many schools do not require you to send your official score reports of the GMAT during the application process. You are only required to send the official score reports (that is, get the testing agency to send official score reports on behalf of you) if you are admitted. Official reports are required only as part of the post-admission verification process. So, you plan ahead and send score during GMAT to schools which require official score for application processing.

I have updated the list from the linked post. Will keep updating the list. Please let me know if anybody finds any discrepancy.

Disclaimer: The requirement of official score may change without any notice, so you must check from the school about the latest status.

Thanks

Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline)
SchoolOfficial GMAT/GRE with Application(yes/no) Requirment of Official GMAT/GRE Link
TuckNoThis step is required only for admitted students, who have 30 days from the date of enrollment to submit their official score reports.Link
RossNoIf accepted, official reports will be required.Link
HarvardProbabily No(not very clear from the information given)When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GMAT or GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it. Every applicant must request that Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) send an official score report directly to HBS.Link
DardenNoIf offered admission, you will need to send official documents.Link
JohnsonNoAll applicants must provide GMAT or GRE scores, and upload an official score report within your application. You may submit an unofficial score report for review, however, before matriculating at Johnson we must have an official score report.Link
HaasYesLink
ISBYesLink
StanfordNot clear from the language• If you do not take the test prior to submission, your application will be reviewed without your scores. Scores received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
• Self-report your scores on the application form. These are the scores we will consider in our initial evaluation of your application. If you do not have your official scores, list the unofficial scores.
Link
WhartonNoYou may self-report your GMAT score; if admitted, you will need to submit an official GMAT score report to our office before you can matriculate.Link
MIT SloanYesWe require that the official GMAT/GRE test scores are sent to us by the application deadline. We understand that sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks for the test centers to release the scores. Therefore, it is acceptable if we receive the scores shortly after the application deadline.Link
ColumbiaNo• All applicants must submit a self-reported GMAT or GRE score. Your scores must be valid when you submit your application.
• If admitted, you must submit an official GMAT or GRE score.
Link
BoothNoOfficial scores will only be requested if and when you are offered admission.Link
KelloggYesYou must report your scores by the application deadline.Link
Yale SOMCouldn’t findLink
NYU SternYesWhile an official test score is required for a final decision, the Admissions Committee can begin the review of your application with an unofficial test score.Link
FuquaNoSelf-reported scores are accepted with the application, and official score reports sent directly from the testing agency will be required after admission and before the program begins.Link
UCLA AndersonNoOfficial scores are required for admission but not for applying.Link
McCombsYesYou must self-report your test scores in your application as well as have official score reports sent directly to UT Austin by the testing agency. GMAT and GRE test scores expire five years after the test date. The date that your official scores are sent to UT Austin by the testing agency should be no later than the application round deadline, as it can take up to 3-4 weeks for scores to be processed. After application submission, you will be able to monitor the status of your test scores.Link
Kenan-FlaglerNoApplicants should self-report test scores on their application. Official scores are not required until after admission to the full- time MBA program.Link
USC MarshallNoYou must either upload your score report into the application or provide the intended future test date in the appropriate field in the application. Failure to do this may result in a deny decision. Submitting Official Test Scores (required for all enrolling students)Link
SchulichNoYou can indicate the date of a future test on your application and submit it prior to writing. It is recommended that your scores are received within 4 weeks of the application deadline for the round to which you applied.Link

Attachments

GMAT score requirment of Schools.pdf [65.52 KiB]
Downloaded 46 times

To download please login or register as a user

Originally posted by LordStark on 01 Apr 2019, 19:04.
Last edited by LordStark on 30 May 2019, 00:01, edited 3 times in total.
List presented in table format
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 22:32
Good info. Thanks for putting this together, LordStark. I've presented it in table format to avoid PDF download and easy view.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
Re: Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 05:37
Thanks for taking the time to pull together! I am a late test-taker, so very helpful for me. One adjustment - MIT Sloan does allow self-reporting as long as official score transmission is initiated by application deadline (source same as OP):

What is the last date on which I can take the GMAT?

You may take the GMAT anytime up to the last day of the application deadline. The GMAT must be taken before the online application form is submitted and must be self-reported on that electronic application. No submissions will be allowed without complete GMAT or GRE scoring information.

Do I have to send you the official GMAT/GRE score report now? Or, must it be sent upon admission?

We require that the official GMAT/GRE test scores are sent to us by the application deadline. We understand that sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks for the test centers to release the scores. Therefore, it is acceptable if we receive the scores shortly after the application deadline.

I recently took my GMAT and will not receive the AWA score for another four weeks. Can I submit my application without the AWA score?

Yes, you may submit the electronic application without reporting the AWA score.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2019, 05:37

Schools with official score requirement(prior application deadline).

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi