GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2018, 21:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2017, 21:47
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask if past students could please talk a bit about their experience at York's MMgt program.
It recently launched and it would be great to hear from the first cohort how they found the classes, teaching, etc.
I know a bunch of people come from an engineering or a health science background... What are the career prospects like?
Since the program is so new, there's a bit of uncertainly regarding post-graduation jobs and such. Any sincere insights would be appreciated - thank you!

PS: anyone applying/accepted for Sept. 2017's intake?
Intern
Intern
Re: Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 13:58
Hi. I applied for the masters of management on the first week of April and I got invited for an interview last week and I am currently waiting for the final approval. In terms of future career prospects, I know that Schulich has a Career Development Centre which is designed to help Schulich students with networking, resume writing, and other important tools. I was told during the interview that last year big companies like Tim Hortons (corporate) came looking for students to hire. I have been told that graduates of masters of management often pursue careers in HR or as consultants in various fields. If you have any other questions regarding the application process or any other question feel free to let me know.

- Brian

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 17:26
Hi brian628,
Thanks for your reply.
I know of Schulich's career centre and they even have industry advisors who help students in terms of career placements.
But because the program is so new (2nd cohort is Fall 2017) there isn't any concrete results as to where students place just yet.
Seeing the new trend of 1 year long MMgt programs and potential placements, it seems like it'd be a good standing to undertake entry/mid-level management careers in a number of sectors. Would you happen to know how competitive the program is?
I hope your interview went well :)
Thanks again for your reply.
If you have any questions for me, please ask.
Intern
Intern
Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Jun 2017, 10:27
Because I bombed my interview, I think that's why I've been put on the waitlist. But you are right, because the program is so new it's hard to say where you will end up in your career. Like you mentioned, its likely that you will be in entry/mid lvl management career.

Have you started your application? If so, how did it go? There is a open house event tomorrow for those interested in MMgt, will you be attending?

- Brian

Originally posted by brian628 on 10 May 2017, 11:11.
Last edited by brian628 on 06 Jun 2017, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2017, 17:16
Yep there's an open house tomorrow and I attend to go.
I hope to understand the post-graduation prospects a little better and also to get a more firm understanding of the program itself.
From what I've gathered, students generally like the program. I've spoken to one via e-mail and another through word of mouth.
Are you attending tom's event?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2017, 21:03
Yes I will be attending the open house. I can PM you my number if you would like to meet up.

-Brian
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2017, 17:46
Hi Brian,
Sorry for the late reply.
I was at work and immediately came to the event afterward (I was the one who walked in at about 6 or so!)
I didn't stay for the networking event after the talk but I did speak with 2 of the current students (Abby and Michael).
I asked about the courses (they're all I believe for 1 term so no course runs year long); there are some students who do have part-time jobs and they reportedly work about 10-15 hours a week. In terms of placements, I was told by a current MMgt student that they'll know more about the post-graduation placements come end of term.
I asked that he let me know where he places and such.

If you have any questions or know of anything else, please let me know. I'm sorry I missed you but I hope a decision regarding your waitlist gets a green signal soon!
Re: Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake   [#permalink] 11 May 2017, 17:46

Schulich MMgt Sept. 2017 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap