Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:30 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:30

September Intake
Debrief posted on  Mar 10, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 16, 24
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by Vijendra Tiwari, It was a very friendly and casual interaction 1.How was your week as we are almost at the end of this week? 2.Why MBA ?Why Now and Why Schulich? 3.How did you get into your current tole? 4.What is your leadership style? 5.Describe your work profile 6.What skills kept you going in such a challenging field 7.Do you want to be consider for the India or Canada Program? If Canada why Canada? 8.Do you have any questions for me""
ns13
6.7 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was with Karan Narang, who is great at putting you at ease. It was more of a conversation than an interview. The interview lasted exactly 30 mins. 1. Why Schulich? 2. In my last 7 years of work ex, I have worked across industries, so he wanted to understand more about my resume and the reason behind my choices 3. I was asked to describe specific aspects of my community involvement 4. What is your leadership style? 5. Biggest lessons from any mistakes you might have made All in all, the interview is about YOU. So being articulate about your story is all that matters. Pro tip: Do thorough research on what truly sets Schulich apart (Strategy field study etc.), this will make your answer to Q1 very solid All the best!"
6.5 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"1.How was your week as we are almost at the end of this week? 2.Why MBA ?Why Now and Why Schulich? 3.How did you get into your current tole? 4.What is your leadership style? 5.Describe your work profile 6.What skills kept you going in such a challenging field 7.Have you connected with any alums? What are their names? 8.Something you want to share which is not there on the resume 9.Do you want to be consider for the India or Canada Program? If Canada why Canada? 10.Do you have any questions for me"
This user wants to stay Private
5.6 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 12, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 11, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with Mr. Vijender Trivedi, went on for 25 minutes. The tone of the interview was very conversational and the interviewer was very accommodating and friendly, was reassuring as well and made me very comfortable throughout the interview. Questions were - 1. Why MBA? Why now? 2. Why Schulich? 3. What kind of a leader are you? 4. Biggest decision in 2020-2021 times when people were having a challenging time 5. Just Canada or US as well? 6. Something that could not be guessed from your resume 7. MBA in India or Canada? Which one is your priority? 8. Questions for the interviewer Hope this helps :)"
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Feb 14, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"-> Why MBA ? Why Schulich and Why now ? -> Leadership style ? -> How you lead when people not responding or helping? -> Something interesting about your profile that we must have never seen/heard from resume or profile -> Long term and short term goals - Ended with any questions for Adcom? Interview with Adcom- Ended at sharp 30 minutes"
6.3 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Jan 31, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 17, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"It was a 30 min interview --> Super generic --> Why do you want to come to schulich --> Why MBA now --> Behavioral questions 1. Toughest challenge 2. Learning experiences --> International experience Qns"
5 years
United Arab Emirates
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 23, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 17, 21
"My interview slot was just 25 minutes. However, the interviewee was done with his questions in just 15 minutes. Rather than going for descriptive answers, I answered in a clear manner. I went ahead and just stated points/reasonings. The reason I went with this approach is that I was given a very limited time slot and wanted to make the most out of it. Here are the questions that I was asked: 1. What do you do Aarjav? (Before asking this question he made it very clear that he had deeply reviewed my application and knew me. I am using "very" because he mentioned reviewing my application twice) 2. Short-term Goals? 3. Why MBA? 4. Why Schulich?- I had given 3 strong reasons- One of which the interviewer happen to have experienced. He was happy that I mentioned it and he went ahead and told me about his experience. 5. I can see you have marked your willingness for MBA in India as well. Which one do you want me to consider you for? MBA in India or in Toronto? (an implicit Why Toronto question) 6. What is your working style? 7. What would I not know about you after going through your application? -Here I stated multiple facets of my life. The interviewer told me that he is noting down that I feel that I am socially responsible and believe in giving back to society as a comment. 8. You seem to be very clear about your goals, so that's not a problem. I am done with what questions I had planned to ask you. Do you have any questions for me? (10 minutes remaining- I looked at the clock here and it was a pleasant surprise. Pleasant because he said and seemed to be very convinced with my answers and reasoning)- I asked him 2 of the 3 questions that I had prepared. He gave me two very riveting answers. Finally, he told me that since they have a load of applications to review and interview. So, the school's decision on my candidacy will be intimated to me by January. We dropped the call on the 23rd minute."
3.1 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 19, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 10, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I was interviewed by Karan Narang from the adcom. Had some network issues early on but that didn't affect the interview flow. Very conversational and pretty basic questions: 1. I took the opportunity to introduce myself. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Schulich? 4. What if you’re not selected, what will you do? 5. One thing that stands out in your profile. 6. Any kind of Community Service? 7. Leadership Type 8. Questions to him"
2.3 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 21
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Had my interview today with Karan Narang from adcom. Interview was for 30 minutes. Here are some of the questions that were asked: 1. Why MBA? Why MBA now? And why Schulich? 2. 5-year and 10-year term plans post MBA? 3. Why do an MBA now if I can reach my goals in a few years by staying and learning on the job? 4. How do I contribute/give back to society? 5. What is my leadership style? 6. Do I wanted to be considered for MBA in India program and if no, then why not? 7. What skills do I have which make me stand out as an applicant? 8. What will I do if I'm not accepted to Schulich or any other top MBA programs? 9. If I have any questions for them."
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Nov 11, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 11, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"Hi all, Had my interview today with Karan from adcom team. It was a pretty conversational interview, mostly focused on my profile and my goals. Here are some of the questions I remember: 1. Why MBA and why MBA now? 2. Why Schulich? 3. Confirmed if I wanted to be considered for MBA in India program and the reason for it. 4. Do I want to highlight something not on my profile, or something they might have missed while evaluating the profile? 5. A way in which I have contributed to the community, and what impact did it have? 6. What is my leadership style? 7. What skills do I have which make me stand out as an applicant? 8. Ended by asking if I have any questions for them. I would recommend everyone to be candid while answering questions, and not worry about it too much. Good luck :)"
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Oct 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 4, 21
"Hi everyone, My interview was earlier this week, and it lasted about 40 minutes (including time for my questions). I can't recall exact wording of questions but these were some of the ones I remember (not in the same order): 1) Why Schulich? and how will Schulich help you achieve your career goals 2) Why do you want to work in your industry of interest? 3) What is the biggest mistake you have made, personally or professionally? 4) What kind of leader are you? 5) A time when you worked closely together in a team? 6) Tell me something I wouldn't know looking at your application?"
January Intake
Debrief posted on  Aug 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Aug 13, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi I applied in round 2 and got a mail for the interview on 9th August. My interview was with Karan Narang on 12th August. It was a very conversational kind of interview and he made me feel very comfortable 🙂 below are the questions that he asked: 1. Why MBA? Why now? 2. Why Schulich? 3. Why PRODUCT MANAGEMENT? 4. mistake that u made in ur professional career and impact it had 5. Something that i should know about u but is not available on ur resume 6. what's your leadership style 7. how did u contribute to the community and how you would like to give back to the community 8. questions for me 9. Biggest challenge when u join the program Hope this helps 🙂"
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Jun 9, 21
Interviewed on:
Apr 6, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview with Vijender. It was a friendly conversation. 1. Why MBA? Why Now? 2. Why Schulich? 3. Any community work you were involved with? 4. Tell me one thing we would not know looking into your application? 5. Challenges you think you will face while doing MBA? 6. Why you applied in Round 3? 7. Any questions for me It was for around 15 minutes."
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Mar 27, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 8, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was very rushed. It was with Jessica. She is an amazing adcom member but I guess there were a lot of applications this year. 1.Why did you decide to pursue an MBA? 2. Why do you want to work in that industry? 3. Tell me about a time that you were overwhelmed with work? How did you handle it? Follow-up: What did you learn from that experience? 4. How will you handle a person in your team who was not pulling in his/her weight? 5. Any questions for me?"
China
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Mar 13, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 12, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"My interview was with Vijender Trivedi. The interview lasted for around 25 minutes and following were the question : 1. Why MBA? Why now? 2. Why Schulich? 3. What challenges do you think you would face in the MBA program? 4. What is your leadership style? 5. How do you contribute to the society? 6. What is one thing that we wouldn’t know about you from your profile? 7. Are you interested in MBA India program or should we only evaluate you for MBA in Toronto campus? (I wanted to join Toronto campus, so I mentioned the same) 8. Any questions for me (the interviewer)? The interview was pretty chill. Just be yourself. :)"
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Feb 24, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 24, 21
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I had my interview with Jessica Morgan. Unfortunately, prior to the interview, I didn't have many interactions with her except for a few e-mail exchanges. The conversation felt very mechanical and there was barely any small talk/follow-up questions/reactions, but she was very nice and eager to share when it was time for me to ask questions. Here are some of the questions she asked me: 1. Why did you decide to pursue an MBA? 2. Why do you want to work in that industry? (I mentioned I wanted to shift) 3. Tell me about a time that you had a conflict at work? How did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time that you set a goal for yourself and you weren't able to do it? What do you wish you could have done differently? 5. What would you do if one of your group mates isn't pulling his/her weight? 6. What would be your biggest challenge when you join the program? 7. Was there ever a time you felt overwhelmed by the amount of work? How did you handle it? 8. She also asked me about something one of my references mentioned 9. What is something about that's not on your resume that I never would have guessed? 10. What is your leadership style? 11. Do you have any questions for me?"
Philippines
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Feb 14, 21
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview with Cecilia Cheng on Zoom. The interview lasted for 30 mins. 1. Have you applied to other schools and how Schulich is different? 2. Have you faced any conflict during your work life and how did you resolve it? 3. Learnings during COVID 4. What would you find challenging during your MBA? 5. How do you work in diverse teams and how do you make sure everyone is working towards the same goal?"
6 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Jan 28, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 12, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was scheduled with Vijender Trivedi on skype. It was a casual interview which lasted around 25-30 mins. Questions asked are mentioned below: 1) Why MBA? 2) Why Schulich? 3) What type of leader are you? 4) What are the challenges you expect while studying at Schulich? 5) One thing that we would not know looking into your application 6) Why should we select you? 7) Any community work you were involved with? 8) Do you have any questions for me? Advice: Go through your resume well and be confident with your story. All The Best!"
4.5 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Jan 19, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 16, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"- Why MBA? Why Schulich? And what other programs have you applied to? - What are your post-MBA goals? - What kind of traits in a leader you admire and what kind of a leader you are? - Have you ever disagreed with the authorities? Give Instances. - In a group or team setting, what role do you play? - How did your company cope with the pandemic and how did you go about it? - Since the Schulich MBA is collaborative and filled with people with such diverse backgrounds, how will you go about working together as a team? - What challenges do you think you will face in an MBA? - How do you give back to the community? - Tell us something which is not on your resume? - Any questions you have for me?"
6 years
India
September Intake
Debrief posted on  Dec 16, 20
Interviewed on:
Dec 1, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewer: Jessica Morgan. Duration: 25 minutes Location: Zoom Jessica Morgan is one of the most benevolent admission committee members I have ever met. I met her previously at an MBA fair and scheduled a coffee chat on Zoom prior to my application. She connected me with a brilliant student from the current cohort for me to ask questions regarding the MBA curriculum and life at Schulich. Since she already knew my profile and my interest in the school, we skipped my profile introduction and why Schulich part. Below are the questions I received during the interview. ➊Run me through your resume, ➋Why is there a gap year in your professional life, what have you been doing since then? ➌Why MBA? ➍Why do you want to shift to strategy consulting? ➎What type of leader are you? ➏How do you handle difficulties? Please give an example of a difficult decision you made. What were the steps that you took while making that decision? ➐What are the challenges you expect while studying at Schulich? ➑Do you have any questions for me? Suggestions: Do your research, show your interest, be yourself, do not stress out, relax and enjoy the opportunity to show that you are fit for the program."
3.6 years
Turkey