Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 00:32 It is currently 03 May 2024, 00:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5141 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Re: Score 710 twice, shall I retake again? [#permalink]
You got the same scores twice on the two official tests. That seems to be your current ability as determined by the GMAT.

Not to discourage you, but simply doing more practice and taking the test once more likely will not result in a significant increase in the score. There are random reasons you may end up scoring higher or lower, but those changes may occur within statistical limits.

You may be from an overrepresented group and so it might be advisable to work on your applications. Those activities are more likely to be result in positive results than from taking the test again and hoping for a higher score. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
If you need a higher score, then cancel this one and retake.

You didn't do that much verbal prep between the two tests. So, it's not surprising that your verbal score did not increase much.

You need to do more verbal prep before you retake, and 2/3 hard questions correct is not a high enough hit rate.

To score relatively high in verbal, you have to get at least 4/5 correct consistently, and 9/10 correct in practice would be better.

Also, you won't get better at verbal by just learning about it. You have to learn to execute consistently.

Over the next couple weeks, you could do more verbal prep, and this time, do lots of untimed practice to develop your vision and execution skills, and shoot for streaks of at least 15 correct in a row.

You can work question type by question type, sticking with each question type until you get 10 to 15 hard questions of that type correct in a row.

Thanks for the advice! I have decided to give another try and will definitely focus on Verbal review this time.
Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
With a short time frame, you should really focus on your process for tackling verbal questions. Most of the clients I work with who've hit a verbal plateau gain significant points by focusing on things like answer elimination (SC) and core question focus (RC). There are a number of other process improvements that you should focus on drilling (ideally with expert help) to quickly increase the score you can get with your current level of content knowledge.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hovkial wrote:
You got the same scores twice on the two official tests. That seems to be your current ability as determined by the GMAT.

Not to discourage you, but simply doing more practice and taking the test once more likely will not result in a significant increase in the score. There are random reasons you may end up scoring higher or lower, but those changes may occur within statistical limits.

You may be from an overrepresented group and so it might be advisable to work on your applications. Those activities are more likely to be result in positive results than from taking the test again and hoping for a higher score. Good luck.

I totally appreciate the honesty. Yes, it might be a bit hard now to improve my score, and the essays are very important for sure. I have made the decision to retake the exam in two weeks and push the application to R2.
Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
FlyingWhale wrote:
RetaketheGMAT wrote:
With a short time frame, you should really focus on your process for tackling verbal questions. Most of the clients I work with who've hit a verbal plateau gain significant points by focusing on things like answer elimination (SC) and core question focus (RC). There are a number of other process improvements that you should focus on drilling (ideally with expert help) to quickly increase the score you can get with your current level of content knowledge.

Thanks for sharing!

Happy to discuss further with more details about your exact challenges on your previous attempts. Process focus is a very viable way to improve your score in a week or two rather than going back to the old practice problem / practice test model (as was mentioned by another expert)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RetaketheGMAT wrote:
FlyingWhale wrote:
RetaketheGMAT wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

Happy to discuss further with more details about your exact challenges on your previous attempts. Process focus is a very viable way to improve your score in a week or two rather than going back to the old practice problem / practice test model (as was mentioned by another expert)

Thanks! Shall I order an ESR so I can know the exact weakness?
GMAT Club Bot