GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2019, 22:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 03:55
Hi everyone, I have my GMAT scheduled tomorrow and I have given both my GMAT prep exam and scored 680 in both. I am kind of bummed out since i was hoping to cross the 700 barrier but somehow I can't. I know with the exam approaching tomorrow it's kind of late to do anything but still wanted to ask if there is anything that could be a last min help. The first prep I gave I got V38 and Q46. In the other cat i got V35 and Q48. One more thing which i noticed was that i was making a few silly mistakes , so i could try to keep that down in the actual exam. Does the GMATPrep score reflect the actual gmat score or is it easier ?
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 05:53
Hi rishabhshreyas14,

Now your exam is tomorrow so there is nothing you can do in a day. Just relax and give your best tomorrow.

I woul say focus on the exam rather than worrying about the result score.

I hope this helps.

All the very best!!!

Posted from my mobile device

Success is the sum of all small efforts.

MAKE IT HAPPEN :)
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 07:16
Hi rishabhshreyas14,

I agree that since your GMAT is in less than 24 hours, just try to relax today and keep your mind of the exam. Also, be sure to reach back out, and let us know how things go.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 11:37
rishabhshreyas14 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have my GMAT scheduled tomorrow and I have given both my GMAT prep exam and scored 680 in both. I am kind of bummed out since i was hoping to cross the 700 barrier but somehow I can't. I know with the exam approaching tomorrow it's kind of late to do anything but still wanted to ask if there is anything that could be a last min help. The first prep I gave I got V38 and Q46. In the other cat i got V35 and Q48. One more thing which i noticed was that i was making a few silly mistakes , so i could try to keep that down in the actual exam. Does the GMATPrep score reflect the actual gmat score or is it easier ?
Try not to change your approach during the exam. Don't change your timing strategy, and don't start double-checking your answers.

All the best!
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 16:14
Hi rishabhshreyas14,

Since your Official Exam is tomorrow, you should NOT try to do anything too strenuous during this last day. A bit of LIGHT review would be fine, but NO "cramming" (and NO more CATs/mocks). You would be best served by getting some extra rest so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work. All things considered, assuming that you took these 2 CATs in a realistic fashion, you're closer to a 700+ than you probably realize - and you know why you haven't hit that Score yet: you're making some little mistakes and those mistakes are costing you points. Most silly/little mistakes are the result of not taking the proper notes and trying to do work "in your head." If you can do a bit more work on your pad - and avoid making some of those little mistakes - then you could potentially hit your Score Goal tomorrow.

You should post back here after your Exam - and we can discuss the results and how you might proceed (if necessary) with your studies.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2019, 00:24
Hi,

I have my exam scheduled in about a week from now, and I can't seem to get the 700-level CR questions specially and SC Questions right.

I have been studying for about 6 months now. I used E-gmat for Verbal and Veritas Prep Videos along with Gmat Club book for Quant.

I scored 640 on my Gmat Prep 1 (This was taken 1.5 months back)
I worked really hard and in the right direction after.
690 on my Gmat Prep 2 (Taken 2 weeks before, The Section Break was long, as I was facing internet issues)
640 again in my Gmat prep 3 (This was taken last week, taken in testing conditions)

My Quant ranges from 48-49. While my Verbal dipped from 35 to 29. On the last test I observed I only got 5 questions wrong out of the first 25, and then got 7 wrong of remaining 11. I am thinking its the time, because I really panicked at the 25th Question. If you think its time too, please help.

On reviewing my questions I observed, it is not something I don't know or I lack the basics, I just seem to miss the answer choice and automatically realise on seeing the correct answer.

I am aiming to score 700 and I have done everything I could think of. I have one test left from my exam pack and one week. So if anyone could help me with this, that will be really great.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 12:16
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi rishabhshreyas14,

Since your Official Exam is tomorrow, you should NOT try to do anything too strenuous during this last day. A bit of LIGHT review would be fine, but NO "cramming" (and NO more CATs/mocks). You would be best served by getting some extra rest so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work. All things considered, assuming that you took these 2 CATs in a realistic fashion, you're closer to a 700+ than you probably realize - and you know why you haven't hit that Score yet: you're making some little mistakes and those mistakes are costing you points. Most silly/little mistakes are the result of not taking the proper notes and trying to do work "in your head." If you can do a bit more work on your pad - and avoid making some of those little mistakes - then you could potentially hit your Score Goal tomorrow.

You should post back here after your Exam - and we can discuss the results and how you might proceed (if necessary) with your studies.

Rich

Hi guys, I scored 650 in the GMAT (Q47, V33) which was lower than what i had been getting in the GMATPrep. Disappointed but not defeated, i am taking a 1 month break to travel and after that i am going to come back stronger and prepare more harder. Planning to take the next exam around Nov, so that i can prepare properly.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 15:56
Hi rishabhshreyas14,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your 2 recent CAT score results - along with your Official Score - show that you essentially performed the same each time (about 660 +/- a few points). You handle certain aspects of the GMAT consistently well, but you also make certain consistent mistakes. You're still as close to a 700+ as you were before - and I'd be willing to bet that you made a couple of little mistakes on Test Day that cost you the points that you needed to hit 700+. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at that higher level.

Taking a month 'off' is not a big deal, so while it's understandable that you're a bit disappointed in this Score, you should enjoy your travels - when you come back, we can get you back into 'study mode' and come up with an appropriate Study Plan. GMAT skills can 'fade' a bit over time, so the first step to take when you get back is to take a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT (meaning a CAT that you have NOT taken before; take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). That result will help to define whether any of your Quant/Verbal skills need some refreshing. Once you have that score, you should report back here - or you can contact me directly - and we can discuss how best to proceed.

Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.   [#permalink] 12 Jun 2019, 15:56

Scoring 680 in GMATPrep CAT.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep