Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Re: Scratch Paper Questions [#permalink]
you get 10 legal sized sheets (5 inidividual sheets, front and back). Erasing on those things is hard and time comsuming. I'm a big paper user and finished the Q with no room left but I didn't erase anything either. Asking them for paper can vary in length of time for them to recognize you sinec you aren't supposed to leave your seat unless given permission. I asked for a new book for the V and used half of it.

Also remember the pen size is a little fatter than an ultra fine point sharpie.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
The test administrator will provide you with a booklet of five (5) noteboards. If you fill up your noteboards during the test, please raise your hand; the administrator will collect the noteboards you have and give you replacements. You may not remove the noteboards from the testing room during or after the test and you must return them to the administrator after the test.

As of August 2009
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Also worth noting is at my test center, they specifically said that we could not erase these notepad (they don't provide you with any type of erasers). I didn't want to void my score by inadvertently erasing anything, so I just wrote small and made my pad last me through the quant section. If you need more, you're supposed to raise your hand and they bring you more... but the pad was more than enough for my Q section (I didn't use it for V, so if you're used to writing a lot for the V, consider getting a new pad during your break).

Also, make sure your marker works. I was lucky that mine worked during the Q.. but when I tried to use it for a few questions on the V, I found that it ran out of ink. This would have been a huge time waster if it had happened during the Q section.. so save yourself the drama and make sure it works ok.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:SSE
 Q47  V39
Send PM
I think the best you can do is to purchase this MGMAT Test Simulation Booklet.
Some users said that is actually the same as the one that you will be given in the test day.
I purchased and it's been useful, it's not critical but it probably helps to arrive to the exam and be familiar with the stuff you will be using.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
So just to confirm,... you can technically use as much scratch-pads as possible throughout the exam by raising your hand and asking for a new set - if you're in need of more?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
u definitely can ask for an extra sheet, but i guess it is better to go prepared and to buy a replica of the paper and marker. Just to avoid suprises so you know what you are up against.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
IMHO, the best way to simulate the experience is use A4 squarred paper with a 2mm ink pen (you can buy both items in any stationary shop). Such ink pen will make sure you'll consume same space on a sheet as while using the exam's pen.

Beware of suprsises: in Istanbul test center, the scratch paper has rectangular squares i/o squares. It was a nasty surprise and it cost me 1 coordinate geometry question because I failed to build a graph (:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
All the notepads come with a grid. Another thought worthwhile: ask the test proctor for two pads/pens at the beginning. My proctor gave me two pens himself and I didn't even use up the whole notepad for both Q and V put together. It's merely a preference but the MGMAT booklet might be useful.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
Does anyone know the exact size of the GMAT notepad? I'm gonna cut papers to the size and use them on my CATs. Amazon gives the size but I think it must include the packaging too.
GMAT Club Bot