Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V44
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30812 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Re: Searching for Positive Enhanced Online GMAT Experience [#permalink]
bb wrote:
RafZaf wrote:
Hello, anyone here with positive GMAT Online Enhanced experience? If yes, will you please drop system details such as Operating System, Processor, Bandwidth etc?
Many including myself have poor online testing experience with too many lags. I took the test in Windows 10 Core i3 4GB RAM system and 10mbps bandwidth.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Good luck! I hope you find a pattern.
I have seen quite a few people experience lag and I wonder if it has to do with the system configuration but perhaps more with the lag/delay between the US servers and the final connection or perhaps the time of the day (e.g. when the servers are extra busy and thus not able to respond/react to the responses? Just guessing here...

Thank you bb. During my test, my proctor kept on saying that the lags are happening due to secure browser installation. If it's a secure browser issue then it should apply for all test takers. So, wondering if there's any other system issue or adjustment that can resolve the lags.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Re: Searching for Positive Enhanced Online GMAT Experience [#permalink]
egmat wrote:
RafZaf - there are many people who have had an excellent experience with the Enhanced Online Exam. The video below outlines some best practices. While they don't guarantee a disruption-free experience, they can go a long way in minimizing potential disruptions.

-Rajat

Thank you @e-gmat. This is a helpful video. I can tick off every recommended item shared in the video but I still faced severe lags and technical issues. But there are others who didn't face any issue, so trying to find out any pattern.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Searching for Positive Enhanced Online GMAT Experience [#permalink]
Kudos
egmat wrote:
RafZaf - there are many people who have had an excellent experience with the Enhanced Online Exam. The video below outlines some best practices. While they don't guarantee a disruption-free experience, they can go a long way in minimizing potential disruptions.

-Rajat

Sorry but I don't agree with the video that says that students should prepare for disruptions and discount 5 minutes from every section in their practice tests.

This is supposed to be a standarized test, if there are disruptions for some then it is no longer standarized... some will be negatively affected in their score for technical reasons unfairly.

I don't think it's acceptable to normalize disruptions in this type of tests as the video tries to convince us. At 2021 with the broad technologies we have, we should have a better experience in online testing in my opinion. I don't think that such disruptions during the test would pass the minimum quality test for this type of product or service.
GMAT Club Bot
Searching for Positive Enhanced Online GMAT Experience [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts