Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 15:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

seeking for help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
seeking for help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 23:04
need help regarding gmat

Anyone here taking Gmat this month or sooner in Gujarat. I need to take it at my earliest but if there is anyone on the same page as mine we could be moral support to each other. if anyone is taking Gmat in this month within Gujarat please ping me here or on any social by the same name "Parth chaniyara".

best wishes for a prosperous Happy new year.
Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 23:25
Parthchaniyara
I'm not from Gujarat (quite close though), but I am taking the GMAT within a month.

I believe you'll find loads of inspiration if you browse some discussions on the forum here.

As a general guideline, I would say follow the process of working on basics for one sub-topic, then slowly advancing to difficult problems of that sub-topic, and once you achieve 80%+ accuracy for difficult problems for a sub-topic, move to the next one.

Solve, carefully and slowly analyze steps and mistakes, solve similar problems. Repeat.

Moreover, enjoy the process and you'll see that you'll be able to put in more hours and work effectively. (:

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
B
Re: seeking for help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 00:39
when are taking Gmat? and where? because I m gonna take it on 18th 99%.I haven't paid though. But as a non-native speaker verbal is a weakness I m not getting accuracy above 50-55% rather quant is a strong side. once done with OG and few mocks (free and Gmat club) with the score started from 500 to 680(q51 v27) in last. now in the last few days what should I do? not left with much material and m not gonna purchase any material for 17 days.

tips to improve SC and CR. working on RC
Darshi04
Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 05:54
Parthchaniyara wrote:
when are taking Gmat? and where? because I m gonna take it on 18th 99%.I haven't paid though. But as a non-native speaker verbal is a weakness I m not getting accuracy above 50-55% rather quant is a strong side. once done with OG and few mocks (free and Gmat club) with the score started from 500 to 680(q51 v27) in last. now in the last few days what should I do? not left with much material and m not gonna purchase any material for 17 days.

tips to improve SC and CR. working on RC
Darshi04

Parthchaniyara - Apologies for the late response.

As to how you can go about studying for verbal for next 15 days, I would need to know your target score first.
For e.g If you are looking at 700, then V37-38 should be a decent target (provided you maintain the Q50-51. And you can definitely improve V27-37 in 15 days.

I suggest begin with understanding all rules for SC. There are about 8-9 grammar rules like parallelism, tense, modifiers, etc. Master 3 rules per day by learning those 3 and practising different types of problems (easy to medium and then hard) first 3 rules, then next 3 and then the remaining.
If you devote 2 days to master 3 rules, you master all rules and different types of problems in 6 days.

Then move to CR. Spend 4 days on practising the 7-8 types of problems.

Then RC. For RC you just need to get into habit of fast reading and knowing the main point of the passage, along with main idea of each paragraph. It'll come after doing 7-8 passages by following the same methodology again and again.

Depending upon your target score and comfort level between SC, CR and RC, I can tell you further where to give more attention.
If you need help with specific study material, do ping me, I can share some freebies with you (it'll save you time to search 10 places on the web).
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 01:58
Surely . It seems worth giving a shot to this strategy. One more thing i noticed that on the 1st jan( all GMAT club CAT was open) i gave an 4 QA mocks and scores were like 35,42,45,35 ,again... Which was not the case in other mocks ,( even i had harldy touched 51 in two of past mocks) so now QA is also tention for me.

I would appreciate if you share some material , i had done OG 2018( with QA review and verble review ) and Manhattan books once and have random (tcyonline.com) mocktest account.

My mail id : parthp6878@yahoo.com

Thank you for your guiding words and help. Don't bother for late response. Thank you in advance

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 02:26
Hi you seem to be good with quants.
Can somebody please help me with QA?
Im stuck on Q35 and I really need to improve my score to minimum Q40above. I have my gmat on 19th.
URGENT HELP REQUIRED. please help :/

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 23:27
Oh ... How is your verbal. I need help on that...

So for quant it might not increase above 7 to 8 points... Although, it depends on how clear you are about fundas. It is key to solve every que.

Secondly if you are weak in PS than you have to focus on much timed practice test + try to understand the methods by which it can be solved. It will help you lot in any other que.s

Or else DS is problem, than there are several blogs on forum read what to take care while solving DS. We might neglecting minor factor while solving and that might be the trick in most que.s. do solve it for solutions. Do it for answer. Mostly (specially with me) in GMAT mocks DS has several ques. In which they ask about no of possible answers and we forget to consider is it only integer or not , positive or not... So first understand what is asked and what could be the answer.

Even though you need help with ques. Or queries ping me : +91 9724669746.
I will be taking GMAT on 18th.

Best wishes,
Parth

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 22:23
Darshi04

hello,
Priyadarshi I haven't got a reply from you since then. I replied back to your mail. please revert. m waiting
GMAT Club Bot
Re: seeking for help   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2019, 22:23

seeking for help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: adkikani