GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 10:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • How to QUICKLY Solve GMAT Questions - GMAT Club Chat

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

The reward for signing up with the registration form and attending the chat is: 6 free examPAL quizzes to practice your new skills after the chat.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

Self-study online course

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Self-study online course  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 06:57
I have started preparing for GMAT and I am considering to take a self-study online course. It's difficult for me to attend regular coaching and I want something that is readily available even while traveling. Please suggest which of the following courses has a better quality and value for money out of these:
1. MGMAT Interact - 299$ (For Indian student only)
2. E-GMAT (299$)
3. Magoosh (I have not checked the exact price but it's in a similar range)
4. The Economist GMAT Tutor (Costlier as per my budget but can be considered if really good)

Thanks
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Self-study online course  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 07:25
Lomary wrote:
I have started preparing for GMAT and I am considering to take a self-study online course. It's difficult for me to attend regular coaching and I want something that is readily available even while traveling. Please suggest which of the following courses has a better quality and value for money out of these:
2. E-GMAT (299$)
4. The Economist GMAT Tutor (Costlier as per my budget but can be considered if really good)

Thanks

Hi
I would also suggest to consider Empowergmat and Veritasprep courses. All the above mentioned courses have good reviews on the Gmatclub. It is difficult to suggest which is the best as different courses suit different people. You must ensure to take a free trial before you enroll in any of them. Most of them allow a free trial before enrolling. Choose the one which suits your budget and with which you are comfortable. All the best.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Self-study online course  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 12:31
Hi Lomary,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 00:51
Hi Lomary,

I see that you are confused between multiple courses. You must consider 2 points before making your decision:
1. How have the various courses helped other students like you? You can check the reviews on GMAT Club to assess this and which approach suits you the best.
2. Free Trial – Each test prep company has its own way of approaching GMAT prep and you must identify which course suits your needs and your learning style the best. You can take Free Trials offered by them to assess this.

I invite you to try the e-GMAT Free Trial and a free Strategy webinar that we are conducting this weekend. I have provided the links to both below:

Hope this helps! If you have any further queries regarding e-GMAT courses or GMAT preparation please feel free to write to us at support@e-gmat.com

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 18:01
Hi Lomary,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Before you decide on a prep course, it may be a good idea to take an official GMAT practice exam. The results of that exam will give you a bird’s-eye view of your strengths and weaknesses, and indicate how far you are from your score goal.

Once you complete the exam, feel free to report back here, and I can provide some further advice.

Also, check out some of the success stories of past GMAT students as well as reviews of various GMAT prep courses to see what prep materials have worked for other test-takers.

Lastly, you may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 11:31
Lomary wrote:
2. E-GMAT (299$)

Thanks

Hi Lomary

The first two options are better than others, if you diagnostic shows verbal score more Cautious than e-GMAT is batter than Manhattan otherwise Manhattan is a good choice

Good Luck

Final days of the GMAT Exam? Here is all of GMAT Flashcards.
This Post Helps = +1 Kudos
Best of Luck on the GMAT!!

General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2018, 04:46
Lomary wrote:
2. E-GMAT (299$)

Thanks

Hi Lomary,

In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better. You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and E-gmat as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB.

Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

You can also use MGMAT guides for your preparation. MGMAT guides are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Lastly, you can check out a very interesting article by Mike McGarry from Magoosh detailing a 3 month study plan

https://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-g ... -students/. You will find it very helpful as it gives out a study plan as per your needs.

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Self-study online course &nbs [#permalink] 20 Oct 2018, 04:46

Self-study online course

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap