Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Shortlisting of schools [#permalink]
Damien0 wrote:
Hi Gmatclub!
Can someone advise me on when I should have my shortlist of schools ready if I want to apply by R1?
I am taking my test in July end but a few of my seniors/bschool alumni have said that I should start shortlisting right now. Should I start shortlisting schools based on my mock scores then? Any advice is welcome. I apologize if this is not the right forum.

Damien0 hope this finds you in good health

With a baseline GMAT score (hoping you have given at least one mock) and an understanding of your profile's strengths and weaknesses, you should be able to put together a list of potential target schools. Other factors to take into consideration while shortlisting schools are your preference for location, MBA cohort size, culture, industry focus, and job opportunities to name a few. Getting the shortlist ready should not be a challenge if you wish to apply in R1, rather you should focus now on getting a decent GMAT score and prepping notes on your career trajectory, MBA motivation and goals which will come handy later. If you feel you are close to achieving your target GMAT score, you should engage with your target schools, talk to alumni and attend webinars to gather insights about the programs.

Best wishes

Originally posted by MBAGuide on 12 Jun 2022, 23:35.
Last edited by MBAGuide on 14 Jun 2022, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Shortlisting of schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Damien0 wrote:
Hi Gmatclub!
Can someone advise me on when I should have my shortlist of schools ready if I want to apply by R1?
I am taking my test in July end but a few of my seniors/bschool alumni have said that I should start shortlisting right now. Should I start shortlisting schools based on my mock scores then? Any advice is welcome. I apologize if this is not the right forum.

Hello Damien0,

Hope this finds you well.

Shortlisting will not really take you much time. At this point, we would suggest you focus on GMAT while also having the base of your applications ready. For instance, think about the strengths and achievements you will be portraying, the theme of your applications, the career goals you intend to pursue, etc. You can also work on finalizing your resume.

The list can always be finalized once you have your GMAT score; yes, GMAT is not the only component but it is an important component. So, it isn't a bad idea to wait for a final score and proceed. Of course, if you can rely on your mock scores, you can always go ahead now as well.

In short, there are a number of things you can do at this point (to make use of time) besides just focusing on getting a shortlist ready.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Shortlisting of schools [#permalink]