Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V22
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V30
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Should I postpone my GMAT!!! [#permalink]
I am looking for a 700+ score..........when i reviewed my last test....I found that I commited too many silly mistakes in quant......I planning to give Gmat prep test one more time and then decide on that score............I am not sure whether retaking Gmat prep will inflate my score...Is there any diff betn the old gmatprep and the new software that is available for download now on the gmac site.???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
If I were you, I wouldn't postpone my GMAT. It is best if you have the deadline set before you - the fire will instill in you the confidence to go that extra mile in terms of preparation and give it your best shot. You should also focus on your problem areas at this point (including silly errors and time strategies). All the very best!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
ketan1 wrote:
If I were you, I wouldn't postpone my GMAT. It is best if you have the deadline set before you - the fire will instill in you the confidence to go that extra mile in terms of preparation and give it your best shot. You should also focus on your problem areas at this point (including silly errors and time strategies). All the very best!

I agree with you to a certain extent, and largely it depends on the individual. But I will say that for some types of people, silly or careless mistakes can be even easier to make on test day, because of nerves and anxiety. Not saying it's the case for this guy/gal, but it's worth considering. If you're tripping up on CATs and making mistakes, no reason to expect you won't do the same or worse on test day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
hey gsd85,

first of all nothing to panic. 3 weeks before my gmat date, I scored good in GMAT prep 1, 1 week before my gmat date, I attempted gmat prep2 and could not complete it in time. I didn't postpone my gmat appointment and reattempted my gmat prep 2 two days later, and completed it within time.

It is your own decision whether to postpone your gmat appointment. As ketan pointed, I too am a kind of person who is fueled by my defeats. And the nervousness and anxiety on the exam date actually helps me perform better by helping me keep awake and stay focused all the time. ( just so you know I daydream a lot, and daydreamed in almost all of my practice tests, do not ask about what!!)

so as said, you know yourself. Based on your past experience with gmat/other exams, you can make a decision now. good luck !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks all for your encouraging words.............I will give my next gmat prep on sat ....and I am hoping do better......If i score close to my target score(700) i will proceed with my appointment........but you guys have motivated me :)
GMAT Club Bot