GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 08:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I re-take exam in 3 days?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Should I re-take exam in 3 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 11:09
Hi guys,

I just hit the GMAT and.. I'm super disappointed. But let me explain.

Scores I had lately while preparing:

21.12: 610 (42 (45%) | 33 (69%)) - GMAT Prep Free 1
23.12: 670 (47 (70%) | 34 (69%)) - Experts' Global
26.12: 640 (45 (57%) | 34 (71%)) - GMAT Prep Free 2

Now, from 26.12 to 30.12 I had a plan to practice quant, especially Problem Solving - since that was my biggest weakness.
Instead of that I had a really tough weekend (considering personal stuff, bad things happened).
So I was sitting for 4 days trying to study - but not really studying, more stressing and thinking.

And then the test day came, the only appointment was at 3pm, It was delayed about an hour due to server issues.
I started with Verbal, which means I hit the Quant at 5pm. And here's the result:

30.12: 590 (38 (32%) | 33 (68%)) - TEST DAY

Now, I'm leaving my country on 3rd of January and I am wondering if I should get my **** together, practice for next 3 days and try to hit it one more time on 3rd of January?
Or should I take a 2-weeks break from studying, then get back to studying and try to hit the exam in later Jan?

Deadlines for my desired programmes are 01.04, 01.03 and unfortunately, 14.02.
(Those 04 and 03 are in the Netherlands so the sooner I pass, the better).

My goal is: 660, but minimum that I was willing to accept today was 610.

What would you do in this situation? Should I re-take the exam on 2nd of January?
Manhattan Prep Instructor
G
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Should I re-take exam in 3 days?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 12:51
Unless there's a situation I'm not aware of, you won't be allowed to take an official test on January 3. You need to wait at least 16 days before retaking the test (the system shouldn't even let you sign up for an earlier test, and if it somehow does, your score will likely be canceled.) This is so the question pool can have time to refresh and you won't see the same problems.

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep | Seattle and Online

My latest GMAT blog posts | Suggestions for blog articles are always welcome!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 12:55
Oh wait, I thought this applies only to people who accepted the score.

I canceled my score - is it not possible to retake the exam immediately even if I canceled the score?

Posted from my mobile device
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 16:01
Hi kyloxylo,

Unfortunately, even with a 'cancelled' Score, you will still have to wait 16 days before taking the GMAT again (so a retest on January 3rd will not be possible).

This Official Score is remarkably similar to a couple of the practice CAT Scores that you reported here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/no-consisten ... 12675.html), so it's possible that your current 'ability level' is in the high-500s. By extension, you would likely need at least another 1.5 - 2 months of consistent, guided study before you could get to the point that you could consistently score 660+.

1) Assuming that you would restart your studies in 1-2 weeks, how many hours do you think you could consistently study each week going forward?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2020, 18:22
Hi kyloxylo,

Even if you cancel your score, you still have to wait 16 days to retake your GMAT. In any case, I think that taking a few weeks off and diving back into your prep after your vacation is a good idea. That way you can come back refreshed and ready to get to work!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I re-take exam in 3 days?   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2020, 18:22

Should I re-take exam in 3 days?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep