Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Should I retake the GMAT due to quant/verbal split? [#permalink]
48 is a higher score than 45. The reason the percentile is lower lies in the mathematical aptitude of foreign applicants who usually have much stronger foundations in math than US applicants. Among Americans, a 48 Quant score probably places you at a 95th percentile or so. I wouldn't worry about that Quant score.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Kris2016,

A 750 is a fantastic score. Nice work. Although some programs are unapologetically quant-driven, I think you’re solid. Rather than retaking the GMAT, start focusing on your applications as round one deadlines are right around the corner.

Good luck!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Considerations include, are you applying to specifically quant- driven schools? This would include both Wharton, Booth, and Columbia.

Pay close attention to the middle 80% range for the schools you're targeting. You really want to be in the middle of that range. Not to say that you can't be towards the bottom of that but there would have to be offsetting entries like you come from a very under-represented country or something.

If you're applying to an elite school like Stanford or Harvard, then it might be worth looking into.

Next would be do you have a quantitative background, have you proven yourself in the quant realm? Do you have transcripts that show you got good grades and statistics business calculus at cetera? If not then I would retake.

Next consideration would be what is your ethnicity. If you are Indian or Chinese you should definitely retake because most of them are great at math and you'll be competing against a tough group. You're competing against your profile not the admissions pool in general.

Good luck and congratulations on verbal :-) If you'd like to speak further p.m. me or set up a consultation.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Tutor MBAPrepCoach.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Should I retake the GMAT due to quant/verbal split? [#permalink]
I doubt MBA programs even pay attention to your Quant score. They know that a 750 demonstrates a fantastic background in both quantitative and qualitative reasoning.

A Q49 nowadays demonstrates the same level of proficiency as a Q49 20 years ago did, regardless of changes in percentile ranking. 20 years ago, I doubt anyone would find a Q49 somehow deficient.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Should I retake the GMAT due to quant/verbal split? [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37297 posts