GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 May 2020, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V27
Reviews Badge
Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2016, 02:33
Hi everyone,

I am taking one more hit on GMAT and I need to improve from Q44 to Q48. I have like 15 days left to my test, so not much time..

Do you think I should be trying 700-level questions? Or should I stick to 600's? I am pretty ok with the 600's but when I see a 700, I have no idea where to start most of times, it's like a totally different exam I am studying for!

What is your opinion?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Reviews Badge
Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2016, 02:33
Hi everyone,

I am taking one more hit on GMAT and I need to improve from Q44 to Q48. I have like 15 days left to my test, so not much time..

Do you think I should be trying 700-level questions? Or should I stick to 600's? I am pretty ok with the 600's but when I see a 700, I have no idea where to start most of times, it's like a totally different exam I am studying for!

Will I see many 700-level questions if I will be doing good enough for Q48? or those will be like in the upper 600's?

What is your opinion?

Thanks!
GMAT Tutor
G
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2016, 09:09
Top Contributor
Hello,

I would suggest it would be good to solve problems for your weaker areas first then to solve 700 level problems from gmatclub. I have solved most of the problems on gmatclub and I personally feel that the 700 level problems (30-40% at least) are higher in level as compared to actual GMAT. So, my suggestion would be to stick to 600 level problems from gmatclub and conc more on your weaker areas. Also, try searching for problems which are from sources like GmatPrep (problems which are bit more closer to actual GMAT)
Hope it helps!
iliavko wrote:
Hi everyone,

What is your opinion?

Thanks!

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2016, 13:38
Thank you for the reply!

Yeah makes sense. When I go for the 700s sometimes it takes me like 30 min to understand the problem and all the nuances. It seems that the difficulty gap between 600 and 700 is huge!

I'll keep it closed to 600s and try a few 700s here and there.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2016, 00:07
iliavko wrote:
Hi everyone,

Will I see many 700-level questions if I will be doing good enough for Q48? or those will be like in the upper 600's?

What is your opinion?

Thanks!

Since you just have 15 days left for your GMAT, I would recommend you to stick to the 600 level questions only. Trying new things at this time might not be beneficial.
The best way to go forward would be analyze your mistakes and then work on the problem areas.

Try to bifurcate your problems into different topics such as Algebra, geometry, Number system etc. and then see which type troubles you the most. GO back to the course/boon that you have been following and revisit the concepts.

You can do the same fore the verbal section also:
SC: The questions test various concepts such as S-V agreement, modifiers, parallelism etc. Find out what troubles you.
CR: There might be certain types of questions that are troubling you. May be Assumption, may be conclusion, inference etc.
You need to find that out and then practice them
RC: This again can be drilled down into different types of questions and also different topics. See what questions and topics trouble you the most and then practice accordingly.

1. Have you taken full length mock CATs?
2. If yes, what are your scores?
3. Have you completed the Official Guide questions?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2016, 00:07

Should I take 700-level questions to improve from Q44 to Q48?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics