GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Should I take the GMAT test? Need Advice!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Should I take the GMAT test? Need Advice! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 01:54
Hello guys!

I would like to ask u a question since i have not made my mind about sitting for the GMAT test yet. My teacher suggested asking u guys, what should i expect when i get 520 score in KAPLAN tests? Is it possible to become 600?

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Should I take the GMAT test? Need Advice! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 03:25
Hey irekos ,

520 is a great score to start with. Yes, it is definitely possible to increase your score. Since your target is not that high, I would say you need around a month of right preparation to reach your goal.

All the best :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
NEW VISA FORUM - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

How to use an Error Log? Check out my tips!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 05:44
irekos wrote:
Hello guys!

I would like to ask u a question since i have not made my mind about sitting for the GMAT test yet. My teacher suggested asking u guys, what should i expect when i get 520 score in KAPLAN tests? Is it possible to become 600?

Thanks in advance.
Try to take a GMATPrep test. You could take it after reviewing the basics, but either way, you'll get a better score estimate than the one you have now.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

GMAT Forum Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 08:25
irekos wrote:
Hello guys!

Thanks in advance.

Have you taken the test at the beginning of your preparation? If yes, then it is fine to score 520 and you can easily improve you score to 600+ in couple of months.
Further, normally KAPLAN tests are easier than actual GMAT, and it is better to take a GMATPREP test, which is very similar to actual GMAT. You can use the free GMATPREP test.

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 08:45
It's definitely possible to get your score up to 600 on the GMAT. As others have said, the prep test is important to have a more accurate idea of how close to your goal you are. With a 520 on KAPLAN, I would think a month or two would be enough time to get where you want to be. Good luck!
Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 09:10
irekos wrote:
Hello guys!

Thanks in advance.

Hi
First of all, try a Gmatprep test, which will give you a correct assessment of your current level.
It can be downloaded free of cost from the mba.com website.
Based on the result, you can work on your weaknesses.
A score of 600 is definitely possible, if you focus on the basics from the MGMAT study guidea and practice from the OG material straight away.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 09:15
irekos wrote:
Hello guys!

Thanks in advance.

Hi irekos,

It is absolutely possible not only to reach but also to exceed your goal. I would highly encourage you to aim a little higher. Even if you are scoring low right now it doesn’t imply that you will not get better. It’s a good thing you have taken your GMAT Mock once. You now know your weaknesses and work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for 3 months, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking a GMATPREP course. If you are willing, there are some great GMAT prep companies that can help you with your preparation.

In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better. You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and Optimus Prep as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB.

Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

You can also try out the MGMAT guides they are phenomenal and cover the entire syllabus really well. Just by going through these guides and solving the OG will help you reach 600+. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... 68383.html

Hope this helps. All the best.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 09:45
Wow guys! Thank you all for your advice! The thing is that i have already studied for 3 months.. and this is the result.. :-( So, i'm starting to feel that it's not for me.. After all the lessons, homework and tests, i think that i should have got a greater score.. anyways, thanks again! I'll see what i can do!
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 13:31
Hi irekos,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What study materials have you used so far?
2) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) Is your goal score 600 or something else?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: Should I take the GMAT test? Need Advice!   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2018, 13:31

Should I take the GMAT test? Need Advice!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap