It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 19:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SIM Admission Criteria

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

SIM Admission Criteria [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2016, 12:28
Hey Guys,

I am interested in the SIM programme which St. Gallen offers. Having read on the university website about the admission criteria, I have a doubt regarding the eligibility of my application.

Namely, the website states that only students with a Bachelor's degree in business administration are eligible for this role. I have over 2+ years of work experience in the business side of a multinational tech company. However, I hold a Bachelor's degree in technology as this was the career path I chose to better understand the inner workings of technology & to help me settle within the tech industry.

I have sent them an email last week and still haven't heard from them. Do you think that this would be an issue not only for St. Gallen but also other universities which offer MIM across Europe?

Regards!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: SIM Admission Criteria [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2016, 13:51
Hey AKuckian,

Well most of the german schools such as Mannheim, HHL, WHU and swiss schools such as St. Gallen, have a pretty strict criteria about selecting people who have a bachelor's in business degree. This is mostly due to the fact that their program is built in such as way that it builds upon the previous business bachelors studies of students.

One exception St, Gallen is known to make is, that it allows students with a bachelors and masters in Engineering to apply for its SIM program.

I would suggest sending them another mail complete with your CV and additional info on how your quantitative abilities are strong enough for the course. Basically making your case.
The school authorities would be the best source to get credible info about this.

Also not all school in Europe have this criteria, great schools such as LBS, LSE, ESCP, ESSEC, HEC, IE, RSM have no such previous degree bar and can be applied to.
We created an enhanced version of the FT rankings giving such important info on the schools, you can check it here : http://www.mim-essay.com/masters-in-man ... -rankings/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Re: SIM Admission Criteria   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2016, 13:51

SIM Admission Criteria

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap