GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 12:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Your recommendation - Stanford MSx vs. MIT Sloan MS in Mgt. of Tech?

• 64% [9]
  • 35% [5]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q163 V159
GPA: 3.9
Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 02:15
I have a dilemma on my hand. I have admissions from both MIT Sloan and Stanford GSB for the Sloan Fellows Program and need inputs to decide where to go. Here are my key objectives of attending the program:

1. Build a deeper understanding of technologies enabling the retail of the future, mainly AI driven personalization of digital experiences, and Advanced Analytics led optimization of Retail Operations.
2. Test my hypothesis of tech-product start-up and find my entrepreneurial soulmate :) (co-founder, CTO)
3. Build a strong network of professionals focused on digital businesses across industry and digital consulting firms such as McKinsey, BCG, and Deloitte.

My Background: 15+ years of global experience with consulting, large corporates and recently as a techno-entrepreneur with start-ups in India and the Middle East. More here: http://bit.ly/amit_rawal

While it's a no-brainer that Stanford and the valley have much more evolved VC and entrepreneurial eco-system, MIT seems to be ahead in terms of AI research and has a stronger retail focus. Since there is an option to do a thesis at MIT as part of the MS in Management of Tech, it allows building a deeper understanding and some market credibility through this thesis, which becomes part of MIT's published research. No such option exists at Stanford.

So a few questions that I need to answer:

- How much value does the thesis add to the profile? and does MIT really have an edge over Stanford on the AI front? And does it matter for someone who is not an engineer and is primarily focused on applications of AI rather than the engineering side?
- Is there a difference in how the tech or consulting companies perceive the graduates from the two schools/programs?
- How does the alumni network of GSB vs. Sloan compare, when it comes to consumer tech businesses?

I would really appreciate different perspectives to help me out on this dilemma.

Thank you,
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 03:06
The deposit for MIT was due April 5th. Have you paid both? It sounds to me like your background and interest in consulting is a better fit for MIT to me.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.94
WE: Asset Management (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 23:00
All these schools are good in their own way, you need to count on your finances and the place where you better live.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2019, 23:00

Sloan Fellows Program - Stanford vs. MIT?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch